millystudent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I need help with chemistry, I am sitting my first exam in it in 3 weeks and I feel as if I know nothing! It is my last exam so I do have a lot of time to study. Any type of advice on how to study chemistry would be greatly appreciated
IHaveTakenOver
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by millystudent)
I need help with chemistry, I am sitting my first exam in it in 3 weeks and I feel as if I know nothing! It is my last exam so I do have a lot of time to study. Any type of advice on how to study chemistry would be greatly appreciated
Flashcards for definitions and exams questions really helped me
AmmyXVI
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Learn all the definitions, maybe make like a list and learn them or use quizlet? Definitely do past papers and look at mark schemes to learn how to answer the questions with the least amount of words. If you're doing A-level/AS learn the mechanisms, conditions/catalysts for reactions and graphs (maxwell-boltzmann/enthalpy) for easy marks.
Herbie-gem01
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Do kahoots (made by teachers are better) to find out your weak areas- you’ll get less bored of revision with kahoots. Also, ask your teacher if you could stay behind at lunch or something to cover the required practicals so if you don’t understand them you might be able to redo them with your teacher or as a class in lesson. Revise in groups if you can and teach or test each other- this allows you to correct each other and develop your answers
Heyysarah
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
• Do topical practise questions on the topics you struggle with the most. If you don't know which topics you struggle with, try doing topical multiple choice questions and the ones you got the least in is the one you need to practise on. Primrosekitten's website and Gojimo has good multiple choice questions.

• Since you don't have much time left to make flashcards, try using premade ones from Quizlet.

• Read summary notes on your topic, PhysicsandMathstutor.com has really good summary notes.

• Try the active recall method: After reading each summary note, try "blurting" out the information you can remember without looking at the note onto a piece of paper and then check which things you missed out and write them on the same piece of paper using a different coloured pen

• And most importantly, ASK YOUR TEACHERS FOR HELP.
Last edited by Heyysarah; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (22)
14.01%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (42)
26.75%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (65)
41.4%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (23)
14.65%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (5)
3.18%

Watched Threads