Pros and cons of University shared accommodations Watch

AB Commercial
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi,

All student accommodations offer a range of choices from shared kitchen between 3 students all the way up to shared kitchen with 10 students.

Before making a choice, I would love to hear user experience or recommendation on which is better - sharing with fewer students or sharing with more. What are the pros/cons/risks to consider.

I am referring to student accommodations like those offered by Unite Students or any other such similar organisation.

Many thanks in advance of your guidance.
PhoenixFortune
  • Universities Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by AB Commercial)
Hi,

All student accommodations offer a range of choices from shared kitchen between 3 students all the way up to shared kitchen with 10 students.

Before making a choice, I would love to hear user experience or recommendation on which is better - sharing with fewer students or sharing with more. What are the pros/cons/risks to consider.

I am referring to student accommodations like those offered by Unite Students or any other such similar organisation.

Many thanks in advance of your guidance.
Technically, food stealing/noise may statistically be more likely with a higher number of flatmates. In a smaller flat it may be easier to deal with disputes and pinpoint those who are making noise or stealing food, but then you may also end up not clicking with any of them (while in a large flat you will be likely to make at least 1 friend amongst them). It's really down to personal preference, but it's also a complete luck of the draw as to who your flatmates end up being.

Also FYI, Unite as a company has a terrible reputation for not repaying deposits, not fixing things, and generally being very difficult to deal with. Maybe look into other private halls companies if you don't want to live in university-owned halls.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (179)
22.86%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.74%
Not feeling great about that exam... (145)
18.52%
It was TERRIBLE (93)
11.88%

Watched Threads