The Student Room Group

how to lose weight whilst studying for exams?

Prom's coming up, and call me crazy I just want to be a lil more toned like my friends on this special one in a life time day! But, exams are in between
:frown: How do I lose weight, without spending too much time? (i need to revise around 6/7 hours a day from now on)

i'm doing this for me btw :smile:
Reply 1
bump!
You could try waking up a little earlier for a run or something. Or if early mornings arnt for you, you could always do it in the evening as a break from your studies (if running isnt for u another work out will still do. I just love running as it clears my head). Also make sure you eat healthy and good food instead of starving yourself, a lot of people make that mistake and develop bad eating habits. Good luck on your journey and your exams! :smile:
Reply 3
Whilst revising (or any time) have healthy options like fruit beside you in case you're peckish. Drink water to make yourself full & lift heavy objects like weights lol. Do crunches to tone the stomach.
Losing weight is 80% diet.

I’ve lost 10kg since november.

You just need to be able to eat less calories than the amount you need to maintain your weight.

You have 2 options:
1.) Start weighing your food and what you eat so you can track your calories.

2.) Make changes to your lifestyle and portion sizes. Only have fast food occasionally. Eat less sugar, and junk food. Increase the amount of veggies. Have slightly lower portions. Drink more water.

You don’t need to excercise, but depending on your goals weightlifting will be good for maintaining your muscle (but I wouldn’t worry about losing muscle aslong as you don’t restrict your calories too much and so it’s best to avoid too much weight loss aim for 0.5-1kg a week)
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Prom's coming up, and call me crazy I just want to be a lil more toned like my friends on this special one in a life time day! But, exams are in between
:frown: How do I lose weight, without spending too much time? (i need to revise around 6/7 hours a day from now on)

i'm doing this for me btw :smile:

steady low calorie but sustainable diet.
Input core, exercises in the morning & evening.
Do cardio 2/3 times a week and yoga/stretches 2/3 times a week.
1 cheat day

Quick Reply

Latest