Can I wear shorts and a hoodie to College? Watch

CollegeStudent99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I'm going through a bit of a clothing crisis at the moment. You see the thing is, I find more and more I'm one of those people that is either too hot or too cold. There are warm blooded people (those people who wear shorts in winter or can wear a t-shirt in a chilly house) and those cold blooded people who love the heat and never get too hot but hate the cold and always complain about it. I've known both extremely cold and warm blooded people, as well as people who wear the same clothes all the time whatever the weather and never seem to get too hot/cold.

Whereas I am one of those people who can go from freezing cold to boiling hot quicker than (insert reference to daft celebrity here).

Often, during the day they'll be several occasions where I'm either too hot or too cold (except perhaps on a very hot day or a very cold day) and I seem to have trouble regulating my body temperature.

The problem is that I have very good circulation which means that when walking I warm up very easily (except in very cold weather) but my upper body, in particular, my arms get cold VERY EASILY. I so often get the dreaded goosebumps on my arms more times than (insert reference to daft celebrity here).

It happens so often that I'll set off from either home or college (it takes around 30 minutes walk) and I'll feel a bit chilly to start with but by the time I get there I'm BOILING! I also find it difficult to decide what to wear for the weather, as one minute it be warm and sunny but next minute you turn a corner and there's a really chilly breeze.

It doesn't help that most days I start in the morning but I usually finish at 4:00pm so it is often much warmer when I go home than when I set off from home.Which makes it difficult to decide what to wear... Trackie bottoms and a t-shirt? Trackie bottoms and a hoodie?
Jeans and a t-shirt? Jeans and a hoodie? Shorts and a t-shirt? Shorts and a... hoodie??

AAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHH!!!

What's also annoying is that in my college there is wild variations in temperature depending on what room you're in and who last touched the thermostat. So often a room will feel like a sauna but then in another room they'll have the air con on full blast and it
feels like a fridge!

Today, for example I was in a classroom which was uncomfortably hot but then when class finished I went to the toilet and it felt like 10 degrees cooler in there! I went from boiling hot to freezing cold in 60 seconds as my body had got used to the high temperature!

I also find that more and more I seem to have trouble regulating my body temperature. Today in class I got really really hot so I took my hoodie off but then later I felt a chill on my arms and I noticed a few bumps as well. :/

Which brings me to the point of my post. Would wearing a hoodie or a light jacket with shorts be the solution to this problem? I always seem to feel the cold on my arms and upper body rather than my legs, and I feel that wearing shorts would give me some extra ventilation.

When I have worn this combination in the past I have found I have generally been comfortable, okay there have been a couple of times I was too cold or too hot but not often.

My only concern is that I'm not sure I can pull off this look without looking like a bit of an idiot. I have seen plenty of students wearing this combo and most of them seem to pull off the look well but I'm not sure about myself.

I am wondering if anyone has any tips on how to make this look work well, or should I just pair a random hoodie with a random pair of shorts?

I did a short video of the hoodie and shorts I am planning to wear so you can judge for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAi5HiF31JE

Thoughts?
Last edited by CollegeStudent99; 4 weeks ago
CollegeStudent99
Rep:
?
Can someone please reply I need advice on this lol
nintysixthousand
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if shorts are allowed in the dress code then do it! at my school, there were a few boys who wore shorts all year round, even in the snow. Also maybe figure out why you cant regulate your temperature, are you drinking plenty of water? getting regular sleep etc?
batter mix
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Haven't you already figured this out through the other thread? :hmmmm:

Also,

Spoiler:
Show
IT DOESN'T MATTER.
Last edited by batter mix; 4 weeks ago
CollegeStudent99
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies so far guys.

I also asked this on yahoo answers but I got strange answers with people suggesting I will look like a terrorist or a bank robber. :/

https://uk.answers.yahoo.com/questio...4090153AABR2sb
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (179)
22.83%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.68%
Not feeling great about that exam... (146)
18.62%
It was TERRIBLE (93)
11.86%

Watched Threads