How to take off plasters painlessly? Watch

FutureMissMRCS
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Have a gigantic plaster and I had to change it and it hurt so much ripping it off :cry:any tips on how to remove plasters painlessly?
username4565188
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
water, literally have a shower or pour water and peel- works everytime .
Themysticalegg
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tbh I just rip it in one go and I lose all my hair with it... but at least it's a short term pain!
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
?
(Original post by Themysticalegg)
Tbh I just rip it in one go and I lose all my hair with it... but at least it's a short term pain!
It's not one of those small plasters,but fabric dressing,goes across your arm and it got really stuck :/
ecolier
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
Have a gigantic plaster and I had to change it and it hurt so much ripping it off :cry:any tips on how to remove plasters painlessly?
Do what Study_Girl 7 said, or press on your skin as you are taking it off. The pain is from your skin being stretched so by pressing on your skun as you take the plaster off you get (slightly) less pain.

I'd go into pain theory if I had more time :laugh:
Last edited by ecolier; 1 month ago
username4565188
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Innit
(Original post by ecolier)
Do what Study_Girl 7 said, or press on your skin as you are taking it off. The pain is from your skin being stretched so by pressing on your skun as you take the plaster off you get (slightly) less pain.
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
?
(Original post by ecolier)
Good tip.Now I won't have to worry about that anymore,now I can worry about if it will scab up or not.
username4565188
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Lol,it's not a waxing strip lololol
(Original post by Themysticalegg)
Themysticalegg
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by FutureMissMRCS)
Good tip.Now I won't have to worry about that anymore,now I can worry about if it will scab up or not.
Yeah honestly use lukewarm water, that's the best solution so that it peels itself a bit at least.
FutureMissMRCS
Rep:
?
Update: changed the fabric dressing today (it's 6cm*10cm in size) and it f*cking hurt!Wet the whole thing,pressed on my skin and it still f*cking hurt!Don't know why I bothered with fabric dressing,never did before and I have been fine!It was weird seeing the cut,forgot what it looked like.Have plaster burn left-this big red welt now!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.69%
The paper was reasonable (1176)
54.27%
Not feeling great about that exam... (469)
21.64%
It was TERRIBLE (182)
8.4%

Watched Threads