Missing high school Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I can’t believe I’m really making this thread because a year ago I would have done anything to be in this position now...

I had my last day of high school last week, and I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m going to miss it so much. The last year has been great. My friends are amazing, I go to house parties most weekends and just generally have such a good time. I’ve become quite social I think and just made a lot of new and really great friends. I’m just going to miss the jokes, the (stupid) drama and literally just the people. It’s been such a laugh and I’ve literally loved going to school the past year.

I’m so annoyed at myself for not making the most of these years as it’s all of a sudden come to and end just like that. It’s not until now that I’ve realised how good school was.

Does anyone else miss high school?
ERW73
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yep, same thing happened to me in 6th form. You'll learn to enjoy the moments next time
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Rid The Kid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
this is why america is lit, do you ever hear this about secondary schools?
That'sGreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by I'mComingOxford)
this is why america is lit, do you ever hear this about secondary schools?
They're literally talking about secondary school...
Rid The Kid
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by That'sGreat)
They're literally talking about secondary school...
highschool is used in america? i dont think it's used here
MinaBee
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ah I felt similarly when I left high school. 3 years later and I don't think you could pay me to go back

You'll get over it as time goes on. Remember that you've got so many new things and new experiences to look forward to
That'sGreat
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
It is used here.
Rid The Kid
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by That'sGreat)
It is used here.
woa. but it doesn't have the same reputation as American ones imo.
Corps
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
When I left secondary school, I thought I’d be embarking on the best years of my life, only now do I realise that they’re behind me. There’s nothing like the drama, the banter and being with the people you developed into actual people with. Uni is great but secondary school was legendary.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
CHANELDIAMONDS
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The only thing i miss about high school is having a group of friends. I enjoyed being the clown of the pack. I miss my sociology lessons. But I would never ever go back. absolutely hated that school. everyone hated me. So many regrets but it is what it is. They’re only lessons to be learnt from. I only missed high school when i went to college and was literally a loner. I CANNOT deal with loneliness at all. i dropped out cause of the loneliness.
CHANELDIAMONDS
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
woa. but it doesn't have the same reputation as American ones imo.
my secondary was literally called kingsbury high school
CHANELDIAMONDS
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by CHANEL&DIAMONDS)
The only thing i miss about high school is having a group of friends. I enjoyed being the clown of the pack. I miss my sociology lessons. But I would never ever go back. absolutely hated that school. everyone hated me. So many regrets but it is what it is. They’re only lessons to be learnt from. I only missed high school when i went to college and was literally a loner. I CANNOT deal with loneliness at all. i dropped out cause of the loneliness.
I hate it so much and i wish my mum took me to this other school near it. I hate it so much that i’m gonna go leave it a bad review on google.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
It’s definitely used here in Scotland.
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
It’s definitely used here in Scotland.
Wow... really. I never heard anyone say high school

Anyway, you'll get over school. If you go to uni you'll make many more amazing memories and stuff
Kinyonga
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I really miss school! Such stupid people, but such fun
salmasalmass
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
It is in some areas in the UK
Alisha999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You're not alone I promise!
I'm nearly finished my first year of uni and honestly I feel uni is so overrated. I want to go back to sixth form!! It was greatI still stay in touch with my sixth form friends but I just miss the school atmosphere, I've always been a student who enjoyed going to school and uni is just so damn different and I just like the atmosphere at school!
The funny conversations with pupils and teachers in class, the walking around moments during lesson times! It was just such a good experience and sadly it's all over. I've never liked change but I guess we all have to deal with it. My teacher told me how change is apart of life.
You just have to learn to enjoy everything while it lasts
BlueIndigoViolet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Alisha999)
You're not alone I promise!
I'm nearly finished my first year of uni and honestly I feel uni is so overrated. I want to go back to sixth form!! It was greatI still stay in touch with my sixth form friends but I just miss the school atmosphere, I've always been a student who enjoyed going to school and uni is just so damn different and I just like the atmosphere at school!
The funny conversations with pupils and teachers in class, the walking around moments during lesson times! It was just such a good experience and sadly it's all over. I've never liked change but I guess we all have to deal with it. My teacher told me how change is apart of life.
You just have to learn to enjoy everything while it lasts
hate change as much as Sheldon Cooper - just get used to something, then its time to change everything... guess thats life, and the natural progression of things

Alisha999
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yep I so agree with you
but as they say "life is a learning experience"
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
hate change as much as Sheldon Cooper - just get used to something, then its time to change everything... guess thats life, and the natural progression of things

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (38)
5.7%
Fairly positive (218)
32.68%
Just another year... (265)
39.73%
Is it 2020 yet? (146)
21.89%

Watched Threads