LLM or BA in Human Rights / Sussex or EIUC

Watch
guernicashah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have been accepted to:
European Master's in Human Rights and Democratisation at EIUC/Global Campus of Human Rights
LLM in International Human Rights Law at the University of Sussex

I am a mature student, not studied for 15 years, and have no academic or professional background in Law.

The main objective of postgrad study is to build a solid foundation in issues and mechanisms of human rights and ultimately work as a campaigns or country manager at an organisation such as Amnesty International or HRW.

Questions:
I am very familiar with Sussex, but know little of EIUC. Does anyone here with a career in human rights have any opinion on the latter?
Would iit be foolish not to take up the opportunity to obtain an LLM? I am slightly concerned that a Law masters might prove especially difficult. On the other hand, perhaps the MA will not be as well regarded by potential employers?

Many thanks!
Last edited by guernicashah; 2 years ago
guernicashah
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thanks.

It would be great to hear from anybody here who has attended EIUC - although I realise it's unlikely there are more than one or two!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
16.81%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (38)
31.93%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.08%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.92%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.2%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
24.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise