Worried about Plagiarism Watch

Jaclarke
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’m a first year student. So I’ve written an essay and at a certain point I have included two pieces of information I found from two separate websites. The rest of my essay is completely in my own words/Harvard referenced properly . So I completely forgot to reference this part when doing the bibliography. The information was typed to fit this part of my essay not just directly copied and pasted. if that makes sense? However I know this part was not fully paraphrased or completely in my own words but the essay has already been uploaded. I realised this when I checked my submission on Turnitin and this part was highlighted as a similarity, that’s when I realised what I’d missed. If it wasn’t for Turnitin I probably would’ve missed it completely since it was typed near the middle of my essay and just forgotten about pretty much. The rest of my essay is completely my own words (Obviously apart from the references) and overall there is 7% similarity. I’m not sure how strict my Uni is, i’ve emailed everyone I could about this error. Just waiting for a response. Will I still get penalised for plagiarism and is it likely I get kicked out?

Thanks
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
7% is really low, so don’t worry about it at all... I’ve submitted some pieces with 15% similarity scores and was never once penalised.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Bio 7
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Last week I sent in a report with 25%, 7 is nothing.
Jaclarke
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I usually don’t do mistakes like this so now I’m panicking. But thanks a lot for replying, I hope it turns out okay for me.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Jaclarke)
I usually don’t do mistakes like this so now I’m panicking. But thanks a lot for replying, I hope it turns out okay for me.
Don’t stress it will be fine
YaliaV
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You’ll be fine. 7% is very low.
UniofGreewichStudent
  •  Official Rep
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
HiJaclarke,

I am a second year student at the University of Greenwich. In my opinion you should not worry about your similarity being 7%. However, if this is something that is bothering you, I would suggest getting in touch with your personal tutor and speaking to them.

In the mean time if you have any more questions feel free to let me know.

Chandni

(Original post by Jaclarke)
I’m a first year student. So I’ve written an essay and at a certain point I have included two pieces of information I found from two separate websites. The rest of my essay is completely in my own words/Harvard referenced properly . So I completely forgot to reference this part when doing the bibliography. The information was typed to fit this part of my essay not just directly copied and pasted. if that makes sense? However I know this part was not fully paraphrased or completely in my own words but the essay has already been uploaded. I realised this when I checked my submission on Turnitin and this part was highlighted as a similarity, that’s when I realised what I’d missed. If it wasn’t for Turnitin I probably would’ve missed it completely since it was typed near the middle of my essay and just forgotten about pretty much. The rest of my essay is completely my own words (Obviously apart from the references) and overall there is 7% similarity. I’m not sure how strict my Uni is, i’ve emailed everyone I could about this error. Just waiting for a response. Will I still get penalised for plagiarism and is it likely I get kicked out?

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Greenwich
    University of Greenwich all campuses Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (290)
25.82%
The paper was reasonable (487)
43.37%
Not feeling great about that exam (225)
20.04%
It was TERRIBLE (121)
10.77%

Watched Threads