stressing out because of a levels Watch

angel.xo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
i've been really low for the last few days and its affecting me a lot. i know more time stressing is wasted because i could be revising (i am anyway) but i really need help with lowering my stress and having a positive mindset

im also scared i wont get AAA
tips?
angel.xo
Rep:
?
bump
TheTroll73
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by angel.xo)
i've been really low for the last few days and its affecting me a lot. i know more time stressing is wasted because i could be revising (i am anyway) but i really need help with lowering my stress and having a positive mindset

im also scared i wont get AAA
tips?
past papers are the ultimate exam confidence tool

watching fish swim apparently lowers stress. try it.
Angle.Ox
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by TheTroll73)
past papers are the ultimate exam confidence tool

watching fish swim apparently lowers stress. try it.
you're an idiot mate
Arisapo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Just try and picture yourself on results day getting the grades you want and showing it was all worth it.
angel.xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by Arisapo)
Just try and picture yourself on results day getting the grades you want and showing it was all worth it.
yeah i try this but a lot of is fearing that i won't get AAA
Arisapo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yeah i try this but a lot of is fearing that i won't get AAA
What are you working at at the moment?

Try to think positively otherwise you’ll lack motivation.
angel.xo
Rep:
?
What are you working at at the moment?

Try to think positively otherwise you’ll lack motivation.
im not sure i mean im predicted AAA but i think its a negative mindset and i keep getting scared that i won't get into my firm
Arisapo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
im not sure i mean im predicted AAA but i think its a negative mindset and i keep getting scared that i won't get into my firm
But you must have an idea of how far behind you are, irrespective of predicted grades.

If you’re working at ABB, of course it’s possible. If you’re more at a CCD, then I wouldn’t be optimistic.
angel.xo
Rep:
?
But you must have an idea of how far behind you are, irrespective of predicted grades.

If you’re working at ABB, of course it’s possible. If you’re more at a CCD, then I wouldn’t be optimistic.
with my recent assessments probably around ABB or AAB but im still really stressed out tbh. its my negative mindset which makes me feel so low and depressed and i dont know how to get out of it
ltsmith
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
if you don't get it, what's the worse that happens?

you don't get into your preferred university? it's hardly the end of your life.

this isn't worth stressing about.
anon240896
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Heyy, just repeat to yourself a few times you can do it and take a few deep breaths. You’ve already got ABB/AAB, so three A’s are more than achievable! It’s perfectly normal to feel the way you are, I’m just like you! What I do is just keep repeating our loud that I can do this and practice breathing techniques till I calm down.

Get through as many past papers, text books, extra reading around the topic, Mark schemes, exam reports as you can! Make your own questions and get someone to test you - when you find you can recall it all you’ll feel more confident ☺️
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
angel.xo
Rep:
?
(Original post by ltsmith)
if you don't get it, what's the worse that happens?

you don't get into your preferred university? it's hardly the end of your life.

this isn't worth stressing about.
unfortunetly i put way too much value on university (yeah i know its silly) but the truth is i do so not getting AAA and into my firm is a big deal for me
ltsmith
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
unfortunetly i put way too much value on university (yeah i know its silly) but the truth is i do so not getting AAA and into my firm is a big deal for me
when i was in sixth form, i felt the same but it really shouldn't be that a big deal.
Arisapo
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I understand that but if you're working at AAB/ABB at the moment then AAA is 100% achievable in a month's time. It's less likely if you have a negative mindset however.

Where are you hoping to go and what course?
sotor
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
the chances of getting into your firm with one or two grades lower are honestly still quite high

and remember that there's nothing like exam conditions and the ultra prepared state youll be by the time exam roll around (which you will be, even if you dont feel like!!). if youre working at AAB/ABB you honestly will probably come out with AAA without a crazy amount more work. just keep your head down and keep working and you will get there!! good luck!!

it helps me to take walks for revision breaks and go to the gym to try to clear my head and get away from my desk. im so much less stressed than last year because of this!
ad2929
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Im predicted BBC, would you think i would get an offer for a uni which requires abb
(Original post by sotor)
the chances of getting into your firm with one or two grades lower are honestly still quite high

and remember that there's nothing like exam conditions and the ultra prepared state youll be by the time exam roll around (which you will be, even if you dont feel like!!). if youre working at AAB/ABB you honestly will probably come out with AAA without a crazy amount more work. just keep your head down and keep working and you will get there!! good luck!!

it helps me to take walks for revision breaks and go to the gym to try to clear my head and get away from my desk. im so much less stressed than last year because of this!
angel.xo
Rep:
?
thank you guys for all the replies im starting to feel a bit better and getting back up xx
sotor
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by ad2929)
Im predicted BBC, would you think i would get an offer for a uni which requires abb
are these your predicted grades for UCAS or the grades you think you will achieve already holding an ABB offer?

if they are your predicted UCAS grades, i think it is quite unlikely as you are quite a few grades lower than the offer. depends on the uni though, some will be more stringent with their predicted grades than others. be worth emailing admissions of a few youre interested in or asking at an open day to see what they say.
Rolls_Reus_0wner
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Exact same situation but I'm not backing down without a good fight ygm

Need AAA for Mechanical Engineering at Sheffield

Rn I'm probably on a ABC
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (180)
22.93%
The paper was reasonable (366)
46.62%
Not feeling great about that exam... (146)
18.6%
It was TERRIBLE (93)
11.85%

Watched Threads