The Student Room Group

Not wanting a relationship

What do I say to a boy that I like and have been talking to for about a month that maybe we should stop talking as he wants a relationship and I don’t.

He hasn’t explicitly said he wants a relationship with me but he drops hints that his looking for a serious relationship. he says he’s try a find a girl that will take him seriously and that girls have messed him around in the past.

I don’t want to mess him around and I don’t want him to think that I want a relationship. So what do I say?
i would just talk to him formally about it say look i know you want a relationship but i am not feeling up to it right now and i bet the right girl will come to hime one day hope this helps
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
What do I say to a boy that I like and have been talking to for about a month that maybe we should stop talking as he wants a relationship and I don’t.

He hasn’t explicitly said he wants a relationship with me but he drops hints that his looking for a serious relationship. he says he’s try a find a girl that will take him seriously and that girls have messed him around in the past.

I don’t want to mess him around and I don’t want him to think that I want a relationship. So what do I say?

You say to him directly face to face that you are not looking for a long term relationship but you are happy to be a friend of his. Easy. As long as your are clear!
Original post by Anonymous

I honestly would have been just straightforward than leading someone on. Even if it might hurt him, at least he knows where he stands in your life and where your relationship was heading to. It'd be a time saver. He's looking for a serious relationship, so, that means he's not gonna waste his time messing around.
“I’m not looking for a relationship”

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending