The Student Room Group

faking gcse results for electrician course level 3

when i applied for an electrician course it said i just needed to pass english maths and science or otherwise id had to retake them, but i thought that if i failed them that i could just change my grades with phototshop and thats it..... do colleges check gcse grades for electrician courses ??

Scroll to see replies

u being serious or are you just taking the piss ? :smile:
Original post by Memesman123
no mate literally went to uni with a grade 3 in english photoshopped a grade 8 :smile: worked for me i didnt revise for anything photoshop is the way to go
They are going to want to ask for certificates, which you will have to provide. These certificates are really hard to fake.
im not doing A levels though, im doing btec level 3.... so would they check with my shcool if the grades are real ?
Original post by Steve445
They are going to want to ask for certificates, which you will have to provide. These certificates are really hard to fake.
Reply 4
sorry but how did you manage to get away with that..?
Original post by garcia andres
im not doing A levels though, im doing btec level 3.... so would they check with my shcool if the grades are real ?
i didnt manage anything yet, thats why im here..... to get a second opinion on wether to do it or not
Original post by IOSOME
sorry but how did you manage to get away with that..?
it sounds like a really stupid plan
why ?
Original post by the bear
it sounds like a really stupid plan
why ?

they will become suspicious when you have trouble with simple electrical sums.
Sounds like a terrible idea, but if you can't see why, try it and find out
You could be a bit of a scumbag and lie your way through or you could just resit. You would be creating a lot of unnecessary stress for no reason. Don’t do it.
why ?

It is a condition of government funding for your level 3 course that the college provide opportunities for you to retake maths and English gcse if you don’t have them. You are making them defraud the government and if this emerges at any time in your study you will be expelled.
Most apprenticeships or Jobs that you might want to do later on will require gcse or level 2 functional skills qualifications that you won’t have.
If you don’t pass in the summer do the smart thing and use the chances you are given to retake them.
ok i have people telling me to do it because they wont find out and i have people tellling me they will.. this is starting to get even more stressful than i thought..... what the hell should i do.
Original post by the bear
they will become suspicious when you have trouble with simple electrical sums.
Original post by gdunne42
It is a condition of government funding for your level 3 course that the college provide opportunities for you to retake maths and English gcse if you don’t have them. You are making them defraud the government and if this emerges at any time in your study you will be expelled.
Most apprenticeships or Jobs that you might want to do later on will require gcse or level 2 functional skills qualifications that you won’t have.
If you don’t pass in the summer do the smart thing and use the chances you are given to retake them.

so long story short, i shouldnt do it because its so likely ill get caught and get into even bigger problems ?
If you fake it you're only going to struggle with this course later, the grade boundaries are there for a reason so it'd be stupid af to fake them.
ok i have people telling me to do it because they wont find out and i have people tellling me they will.. this is starting to get even more stressful than i thought..... what the hell should i do.

Ignore the idiots who say they won’t find out
so long story short, i shouldnt do it because its so likely ill get caught and get into even bigger problems ?

Yes it is very possible you’ll be caught and end up with serious issues AND it’s highly likely you’ll need to get those qualifications at some point so do it while help is available and it’s free.
ok idk why but the idea of faking it is still pretty much convincing my brain to do it, i have every reason not to do it so ive decided that ill revise and try my best but if i fail i DO NOT have time for the extra english and maths lessons so i will change the grades if i do fail
Original post by gdunne42
Yes it is very possible you’ll be caught and end up with serious issues AND it’s highly likely you’ll need to get those qualifications at some point so do it while help is available and it’s free.
Reply 18
you understand if you end up faking them its gonna get to you in the end. What are you going to do when your job requires you to perform a simple task and you can't do it? People will know somethings wrong
ok idk why but the idea of faking it is still pretty much convincing my brain to do it, i have every reason not to do it so ive decided that ill revise and try my best but if i fail i DO NOT have time for the extra english and maths lessons so i will change the grades if i do fail
when i applied for an electrician course it said i just needed to pass english maths and science or otherwise id had to retake them, but i thought that if i failed them that i could just change my grades with phototshop and thats it..... do colleges check gcse grades for electrician courses ??

Very stupid plan that could get you in trouble, sorry.

Quick Reply

Latest