Another way of saying 'with'?

Watch
ketawa
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I am writing my dissertation and I use 'with' a lot. Is there another way of to continue a topic?
For example:
Reasearch has shown that eating fast causes stomach problems. With this also being proven on animals
Or
Expression of the adrenaline receptor in the brain shows their role in brain evoked tasks. With the receptors also being associated to different emotions, such as fear
xDron3
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
alongside
ForestShadow
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
in conjunction

as well as

along with

including

additionally
Last edited by ForestShadow; 2 years ago
Guru Jason
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Avec
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I wouldn't use "With" like that. Just say "the receptors are ...".
harrysbar
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ketawa)
I am writing my dissertation and I use 'with' a lot. Is there another way of to continue a topic?
For example:
Reasearch has shown that eating fast causes stomach problems. With this also being proven on animals
Or
Expression of the adrenaline receptor in the brain shows their role in brain evoked tasks. With the receptors also being associated to different emotions, such as fear
Using your examples - in the first example you could say eating fast causes stomach problems, which has also been proven on animals.

In the second example, I would get rid of the With completely and start the sentence with ....."The receptors are also associated with different emotions, such as fear...."
jonathanemptage
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ketawa)
For example:
Or
Reasearch has shown that eating fast causes stomach problems. This has also been proved on animals

Expression of the adrenaline receptor in the brain shows their role in brain evoked tasks. The receptors are also associated to different emotions, such as fear
Last edited by jonathanemptage; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (138)
33.91%
Yes - a trusted person (107)
26.29%
No (110)
27.03%
I'm not sure (52)
12.78%

Watched Threads