The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Shop4facias.com <[email protected]> wrote in uk.education.maths:
[q1]>Maths is not my strong point. If anyone here can help I would appreciate it.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>I have a cost price for an item eg £5 I have a Retail price for an item eg £10 Mark up = 50%[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>I would like a formula that can be used to calculate what percentage mark up I have so.[/q1]

(Mark up in pounds) = (retail price) minus (cost)

(Mark up percent) = 100 times (mark up in pounds) divided by (cost)

N.B. Some people will tell you that you should use "retail price" rather than "cost" in that second
equation. That will give you a lower answer, and most people consider it an error.

--
Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Cortland County, New York, USA http://oakroadsystems.com/ "My theory
was a perfectly good one. The facts were misleading." -- /The Lady Vanishes/ (1938)
Reply 2
Thank you very much for your help.

Simon

"Stan Brown" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Shop4facias.com <[email protected]> wrote in uk.education.maths:[/q1]
[q2]> >Maths is not my strong point. If anyone here can help I would appreciate it.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >I have a cost price for an item eg £5 I have a Retail price for an item eg £10 Mark up = 50%[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> >I would like a formula that can be used to calculate what percentage mark up I have so.[/q2]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> (Mark up in pounds) = (retail price) minus (cost)[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> (Mark up percent) = 100 times (mark up in pounds) divided by (cost)[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> N.B. Some people will tell you that you should use "retail price" rather than "cost" in that[/q1]
[q1]> second equation. That will give you a lower answer, and most people consider it an error.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> --[/q1]
[q1]> Stan Brown, Oak Road Systems, Cortland County, New York, USA http://oakroadsystems.com/ "My theory[/q1]
[q1]> was a perfectly good one. The facts were misleading." -- /The Lady Vanishes/ (1938)[/q1]
Reply 3
I too am looking for a mark up formulae and this does not seem correct.

I know that 100 marked up by 60% = 250 but if I substitute these numbers into your formuale it does not compute.

Can anyone assist?

David
Reply 4
Originally posted by Unregistered

I know that 100 marked up by 60% = 250 but if I substitute these numbers into your formuale it does not compute.

Can anyone assist?

David

100 marked up by 60% is 160, I think you're looking it as 60% of 250 is 100.
Reply 5
Sorry, I mean that 40% of 250 is 100, so the markup would be 150 (60% of the new price)
Reply 6
Cost * Item No * Volume / 30 Arc Tan = Item Cost + Hieght - Width

That should help

Reply 7
Take the figure you'd like to mark your price up by and divide it by the difference between that and 100. IE: If you want to mark it up 45%, subtract 45 from 100 (which leaves 55) and divide that by your cost. Example: Cost is $760 and you want to mark it up 40%. Divide the $760 by 60% and your marked up price is $1266.67. (to get back to cost, multiply the $1266.67 x 40% and subtract) Clear?

Unregistered

Can anyone assist?

David

Latest

Trending

Trending