The Student Room Group

work experience computer science

My school is making me find work experience but i can't find any work experience for computer science any ideas what i could do??
Original post by Anonymous9568
My school is making me find work experience but i can't find any work experience for computer science any ideas what i could do??

You can try and find local software development firms and cold call them asking for work experience.

To be honest, unless you already have some excellent programming skills, it's unlikely a small firm will take you on for a week, but it's worth a try.
just wondering did you or are you taking CS in anyway? e.g. uni
Original post by Blue_Cow
You can try and find local software development firms and cold call them asking for work experience.

To be honest, unless you already have some excellent programming skills, it's unlikely a small firm will take you on for a week, but it's worth a try.
just wondering did you or are you taking CS in anyway? e.g. uni

Yes, I'm studying CS at Edinburgh.
ok cool did you do any work experience? and at sixthform how well was your programming skills.
Yes, I'm studying CS at Edinburgh.
ok cool did you do any work experience? and at sixthform how well was your programming skills.

No, I didn't have any CS work experience. No uni requires it, and it's quite hard to find :tongue:

Programming skills... probably a wee bit above average. You'd be surprised how many people can't program when they first arrive.
oh ok thanks
No, I didn't have any CS work experience. No uni requires it, and it's quite hard to find :tongue:

Programming skills... probably a wee bit above average. You'd be surprised how many people can't program when they first arrive.
Reply 7

https://careers.sky.com/earlycareers/workexperience/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending