Long distance relationships - do you talk everyday? Watch

rainbowcolours1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Do you text your partner everyday in a long distance relationship? If so, what do you talk about?
Anonymous #1
Report 4 weeks ago
I’m in a long distance and I talk to my boyfriend everyday through out the day. We talk about what we are both doing to make each other feel more connected and means we can ask each other details about our day. The convo should flow natural though
(Original post by rainbowcolours1)
Do you text your partner everyday in a long distance relationship? If so, what do you talk about?
rainbowcolours1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
I'm finding it difficult to keep our conversations flowing. Typical conversations like asking what each other is up to is almost the same everyday eg studying etc. Then the occasional 'miss you' text is also often repeated.

Are your replies to each other often slow?
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m in a long distance and I talk to my boyfriend everyday through out the day. We talk about what we are both doing to make each other feel more connected and means we can ask each other details about our day. The convo should flow natural though
DrawTheLine
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Yeah we do, we message each other whenever we are awake. We are in different time zones so we aren't talking for the entire of our days each if that makes sense.
----_----
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Im not in a long distance relationship and i text my bf every day. On the few occasions where we havent seen eachother for a while it was constant texting too eg whenever weve gone on holiday or during exam season. tbh some days i barely see him and we dont have dates all the time but yeh constant texting
Themysticalegg
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I used to Skype with my ex everyday after work, but we generally spoke whilst doing something else like Netflix or playing a video game or watching youtube or something. It's actually quite hard to talk about what was going on in our lives because we weren't there, so we did things like snapchat videos to each other showing snippets of our day.
TheKiwiQueen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm in a long distance relationship and I talk to my boyfriend everyday or when hes available. He works in a call centre and his breaks often fall whilst I'm in lessons but we'll always try to laugh about how he hates the majority of the people he speaks to and he'll tell me all these funny stories about customers, keeping it confidential at all times, and I'll tell him how my days going and I'll just bring up random conversation starters, which are often "get yo ass over here to cuddle me" haha.

Sometimes if he's on the train with "my replacement" (his bike) and he sees a dog, because big animal lover over here, he'll send me a photo of it and just watch me get all hyped up about how bad I want a little ball of fluff. If he's with "my replacement" he'll normally go on about how much his bike means to him and I'll always get very jealous but hey I pick out the colours for his riding gear so at least she doesn't have him all to herself, she being the bike.

Its unusual but we don't really talk over the phone unless we both need a right good vent and hearing each others voices would cheer us both up and after we've had our venting sesh, we usually talk about anything and everything because who doesn't like a good bit of gossip. If it isn't a call he's getting its a video of me pulling my eyelashes off because I know how satisfying he finds it, if hes fallen asleep before I take them off though, I'll usually save the video and send him it the next day which puts him in a good mood before work. I tell ye its the small things.
Dadslilsis1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Long distance relationships can be hard. Especially when the only form of communication you have (generally) is texting. What has worked for mine while I’m away at school is texting daily but infrequently about each other’s day. Pretty much “good morning”, a “how has your day been- what did you do today”, and a “goodnight” text is really all it takes for us. We’ve been together for three years. Over-texting can really make the relationship stale because let’s be real, not a whole lot interesting happens during a normal day and repetitive “I miss you” “I love you” texts can hit a point where it’s almost annoying. Text enough to where you miss the person, but less enough so that they miss you... if that makes any sense.
chloetaylor2002
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
yes I do. but because we are in school and college we can only talk in the evenings. therefore, it gives us a chance to talk about each others day and how we feel.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (142)
21.16%
The paper was reasonable (327)
48.73%
Not feeling great about that exam... (126)
18.78%
It was TERRIBLE (76)
11.33%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise