Claudia Wellman
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I'm choosing between economics and finance at exeter or finance at durham does anyone know which one would be more competitive? My predicted grades are AAB but i think i might miss out by a grade and get ABB, durham's typical entry requirements are AAB and Exeter's typical entry requirements for the course are A*AA-AAB, which university do you think would be more likely to let me in if i slipped a grade?
Arisapo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Have you already received offers or are you in Year 12 and applying?
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Exeter are more likely to accept a dropped grade than Durham who tend not to accept dropped grades often
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I also think that Exeter are more likely to let you in with a dropped grade than Durham
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Claudia Wellman)
I'm in Year 13 and have received an offer from both Exeter and Durham for AAB which makes it difficult to decide between my firm and insurance as they're both the same grade :/
You could Firm Durham and Insure Exeter knowing that Exeter are the uni more likely to lower their offer if necessary. But only if you prefer Durham ....if you prefer Exeter, you should Firm Exeter
Claudia Wellman
Rep:
?
No I'm in Year 13 and have received an offer from both Exeter and Durham for AAB which makes it difficult to decide between my firm and insurance as they're both the same grade :/
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Claudia Wellman)
No I'm in Year 13 and have received an offer from both Exeter and Durham for AAB which makes it difficult to decide between my firm and insurance as they're both the same grade :/
I'm now in the strange position of having answered your question before you asked it
swanseajack1
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Durham generally do not accept dropped grades. In fact, they are one of the most unlikely to do so. I dont know if Exeter will go to ABB but there is more chance of them doibg so than Durham
Claudia Wellman
Rep:
?
Good plan i just need to figure which one I like more now!
Arisapo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
They’re both excellent universities - go to the one you prefer.

They’re both pretty similar in the fact that they’re quaint, quiet and have a middle-clas, posh vibe to them. The college system of Durham may appeal as the city itself is fairly dreary.

Look at the courses, distance from home and what kind of experience you want. Go with your gut as there isn’t really a wrong choice.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (120)
58.82%
Yes- I don't like it (10)
4.9%
No- I want it (58)
28.43%
No- I don't want it (16)