NotSoCleverGirl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Look,I need help.Basically my parents want me to be a doctor and study medicine. I am in Year 7 and I am more interested in English Literature,Business and Management. My worst subject is science and I don't know how to let them know I don't want to become a doctor.My friends say once my parents see my GCSE results they will realise science isn't for me.However I know that I need them to know now.Any ideas on how to break it out to them?
monkeyman0121
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just tell them that you don't want to pursue a medicine degree as it is not for you. Say you are not very good at science and say what you are good at and what you are thinking of going into in the future.
Pao_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Be honest with them , tell them how do you feel about it and maybe they’ll understand you
username4310824
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's your life, not theirs. Just be honest with them.
NotSoCleverGirl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ok thanks for the help☺☺
(Original post by Pao_)
Be honest with them , tell them how do you feel about it and maybe they’ll understand you
Anna Farziyeva
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
That happens in every family so don't worry. You are only year7 so your family puts a pressure on you (idk why but 98% parents do it). When you will be year9/10 they will think more carefully about your choices. Additionally, i would like to advise you that never do any course that you are not interested to. Because you can be really successful in your future job that you really love it, not because of money but because of you really see yourself there. On the other hand, normally people choose hundreds of different courses that they wanna study and they change their mind every year. So during 4 year school time think carefully and analyse yourself - where do you see yourself, in which part of the subject you feel more confident etc.
Pao_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anytime don’t forget to be respectful and honest with them !
(Original post by NotSoCleverGirl)
Ok thanks for the help☺☺
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Ok thanks for the advice.
(Original post by monkeyman0121)
Just tell them that you don't want to pursue a medicine degree as it is not for you. Say you are not very good at science and say what you are good at and what you are thinking of going into in the future.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Ok thaks for ur help i'll speak to them and as you said i still have a lot of time to think about my future.
(Original post by Anna Farziyeva)
That happens in every family so don't worry. You are only year7 so your family puts a pressure on you (idk why but 98% parents do it). When you will be year9/10 they will think more carefully about your choices. Additionally, i would like to advise you that never do any course that you are not interested to. Because you can be really successful in your future job that you really love it, not because of money but because of you really see yourself there. On the other hand, normally people choose hundreds of different courses that they wanna study and they change their mind every year. So during 4 year school time think carefully and analyse yourself - where do you see yourself, in which part of the subject you feel more confident etc.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (727)
33.8%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (921)
42.82%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (408)
18.97%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (95)
4.42%

Watched Threads