btec - Near Pass ? Watch

anon123a
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
if you get near pass in the external exams and passes, merits and distinction on the coursework - can you still pass?
thanks in advance
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anon123a)
if you get near pass in the external exams and passes, merits and distinction on the coursework - can you still pass?
thanks in advance
No. You have to get a min of a pass in every module.
12haywardJ
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I’m unsure, as it depends on the course your doing and what units your taking while I’ve been made aware by my teacher despite my near pass I could still get a pass overall but as I said check your subject/units and also your teacher if it’s still feasible. While I’ve been told it became a thing due to how many people fail their exams
anon123a
Rep:
?
btw this is for Level 3 and equivalent to 2 a-levels ... so ur saying regardless you need passes.. whats the point of a near pass then? thanks
(Original post by 999tigger)
No. You have to get a min of a pass in every module.
anon123a
Rep:
?
right.. mine is equivalent to 2 a-levels .i spoke to my teacher and he was hesitant at first and he has previously mentioned you need a near pass .. mann, all my teachers are dodgy and lie
(Original post by 12haywardJ)
I’m unsure, as it depends on the course your doing and what units your taking while I’ve been made aware by my teacher despite my near pass I could still get a pass overall but as I said check your subject/units and also your teacher if it’s still feasible. While I’ve been told it became a thing due to how many people fail their exams
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anon123a)
btw this is for Level 3 and equivalent to 2 a-levels ... so ur saying regardless you need passes.. whats the point of a near pass then? thanks
Sorry, have looked it up for you and they have changed the rules, so the near pass is a thing. It is below a pass, but it will not prevent you getting a certificate. Before you used to have to pass everything.

See link.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...ifications.pdf
anon123a
Rep:
?
thank you very much : )
(Original post by 999tigger)
Sorry, have looked it up for you and they have changed the rules, so the near pass is a thing. It is below a pass, but it will not prevent you getting a certificate. Before you used to have to pass everything.

See link.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/c...ifications.pdf
ShawnFromBishop
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Can you still go into second year just curious?
btecman123
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 21 hours ago
You can still pass the qualiication and get the extended diploma with a near pass if you have a merit/distinction in another unit to make up for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (48)
5.83%
Fairly positive (264)
32.08%
Just another year... (324)
39.37%
Is it 2020 yet? (187)
22.72%

Watched Threads

Latest