Science Help Watch

NotSoCleverGirl
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Can anyone tell me on how to improve on science because currently it's my WORST subject.
GrapefruitBread
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hi! Guessing you're a GCSE student - honestly a lot of science is based on practice and a quick way to improve and fill gaps in your knowledge is by doing actual past papers, these will be available on the website of your exam board. If you feel your knowledge is really lacking then going through the specification and making notes on the bits you dont know, whilst time consuming, is very effective. An alternative to this may be making notes on things you didn't know in papers you have done although I would recommend doing this anyway. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions
NotSoCleverGirl
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Actually,I'm in Year 7 but these are very helpful tips so thank you I will try them.
(Original post by GrapefruitBread)
Hi! Guessing you're a GCSE student - honestly a lot of science is based on practice and a quick way to improve and fill gaps in your knowledge is by doing actual past papers, these will be available on the website of your exam board. If you feel your knowledge is really lacking then going through the specification and making notes on the bits you dont know, whilst time consuming, is very effective. An alternative to this may be making notes on things you didn't know in papers you have done although I would recommend doing this anyway. Hope that helps, let me know if you have any questions
GrapefruitBread
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ah - no need to stress then! It is difficult to improve at science but if you put the hard work in you absolutely can do it . It was my worst subject at a point and I'm now doing three sciences at A level and loving it!
(Original post by NotSoCleverGirl)
Actually,I'm in Year 7 but these are very helpful tips so thank you I will try them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (515)
26.32%
The paper was reasonable (852)
43.54%
Not feeling great about that exam (382)
19.52%
It was TERRIBLE (208)
10.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed