Overtook a car - he had a dash cam Watch

Junaid123451
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi guys

Not looking for people who will have a go just some opinions.

Over took a car and maybe 1 or 2 more lol in act of stupidity - was running late for work. I never cut the cars up just straight overtake. He pulled up later when I was at work and said you over took me I got you on dash cam.

What can happen if police get involved?
YouCantSeeMe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
LOL he can submit it but the chances are he wont. That would seem like an incredible about of effort for the police to give you a slap on the wrist, more so, the police are underfunded they wouldnt even chase it up. Trust me, rest easy, you arent going to be tracked down. At least you learnt your lesson. If the police do get involved, you'll get a warning, maybe a couple of wreckless driving points if you are rude to them.
therandomperson
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
it likely means he will just submit the video to one of those UK dash cam channels.
such as the channel below: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxI...QDzDfdpLFQCShw

However if he feels like it (and the registration plate was visible) he could submit this to the police. Depending on how it looks you could get a slap on the wrist or some points. Some people will literally report every violation they find on their dash-cams so hope this guy wasn't one of them.
Junaid123451
Rep:
?
Right okay thanks guys! Yeah your right everyone shares dash cam footage these days!
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Junaid123451)
Hi guys

Not looking for people who will have a go just some opinions.

Over took a car and maybe 1 or 2 more lol in act of stupidity - was running late for work. I never cut the cars up just straight overtake. He pulled up later when I was at work and said you over took me I got you on dash cam.

What can happen if police get involved?
What exactly was wrong with overtaking in this situation? Solid white line?
Junaid123451
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
What exactly was wrong with overtaking in this situation? Solid white line?
That’s right yeah the coast was clear in the opposite direction so I overtook the bmw in front. Then overtook another car too🤦🏻*♂️ That one I just about made it but I never made any cars swerve or anything. I mean just unlucky the bmw driver had dash cam.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Junaid123451)
That’s right yeah the coast was clear in the opposite direction so I overtook the bmw in front. Then overtook another car too🤦🏻*♂️ That one I just about made it but I never made any cars swerve or anything. I mean just unlucky the bmw driver had dash cam.
Just keep googling your numberplate for the craic.
StriderHort
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You should have asked 'Did I look cool?'
RoyalSheepy
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
What car do you drive out of interest?

Look for your number plate on http://rate-driver.co.uk
Junaid123451
Rep:
?
Vauxhall Astra pal. 58 plate
Y333EEE
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I wouldn't worry, it's probably just some total belter who has nothing better to do with his life other than stick his nose where it's not wanted
Cleverboy1991
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I suppose it could be possible that you are given a fine or penalty points....
IF he reports you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (515)
26.25%
The paper was reasonable (856)
43.63%
Not feeling great about that exam (383)
19.52%
It was TERRIBLE (208)
10.6%

Watched Threads