The Student Room Group

What a levels did u chose?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by lucexo-1
do you know what books you'd be studying/what topics you'd be doing in history?? because that can make a huge difference! history and english are both facilitating as well so can leave you with more options at uni

in history i would be doing links between the usa and britain it think what do u think
Original post by R4JBO55
Unless ur mad don’t choose physics please. Lool physics was such a big mistake to choose for a level I’m telling u man right now as a uni grad

erm why? there's nothing wrong with physics
Original post by heckinbamboozled
maths, physics, biology and chemistry

how are you finding it so far?
I want to do English lit, music and biology next year
a lot of work :frown: but I rlly like the subjects so im getting through it slowly but surely
Original post by Kangaroo17
how are you finding it so far?
biology chemistry and maths.

PLEASE don't even consider biology.
Hopefully Spanish, German and English Lit. in September, and then maybe French for my extend course
Original post by Zara_qwe
Just curious to see different options

ASFM, Chemistry, Physics, Economics
Original post by heckinbamboozled
a lot of work :frown: but I rlly like the subjects so im getting through it slowly but surely

Well im sure and hope you do well! I planned to do those subjects but went with FM instead of biology instead. Am i kinda wishing i did bio? yes haha :bigsmile::bawling:
I have no choice, for dentistry/medicine I need to have it :frown:
Original post by Shadow_Messiah19

Original post by Shadow_Messiah19

why not?it may be hard but its enjoyable surely?
French, German, and Politics. Also did Geography at AS
Original post by pon1de2replay3
psychology german french rs

How hard did you find rs? The grade boundaries for Edexcel are ridiculously high! Do you reckon it's that hard to get an a star as opposed to other sub?
maths, further maths and economics
Just curious to see different options

I will be starting year 12 in September and have chosen to do Law, Politics, English lit and History (most likely dropping English lit)
So for different exam boards, you can have a completely different experience at A-Level for both subjects in contrast to the sciences, where the content stays *relatively* the same.

I do English Lit with OCR (famous for its different and wack assessment objectives, individual to each question) but I love it. Honestly, it's a much more historical approach with the texts compared to just analysing the language features (something that I frankly hate doing most of the time) and the books are much more interesting to analyse. You're also introduced to different critical ways of thinking (Marxism, Feminism, Orientalism, Modernism etc) and you apply those theories in your essays - but don't worry if you're shocked, you'll find it fun to do once you get into year 12.

I do History with AQA and we do Russia 1855-1964 and Britain 1951-2007. It is a completely different game compared to GCSE. The essays are much longer (my essays are normally 1,500 words whereas at GCSE my 12 markers could have been max 500 words) and there's also a lot more content; a beast. However, if you love history, you'll learn to love it. Also a lot more source-based analysis, especially in question one of the papers. I've kind of fallen out of love with it after GCSE and it's my worst grade despite being the highest achiever for the year (A* for French, A for English and A-B for History at the moment) but I'm hoping that as time goes by I'll love it more and start progressing a lot more.

I'm planning to do English and French/ French and German at university. Feel free to PM me if you have any more questions (:
whats englist lit and history really like at a level?
maths, bio, chem, psych
For those doing English Lit at A Level, do you know what books you’ll be studying?
i chose computer science, maths, further maths and phsyics for next year someone kmn
I did Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, EPQ and an AS level in Religious Studies!

Quick Reply

Latest