Best destination? Watch

cbaforcba
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So I have a week booked off in mid June and am planning to go away with 2 other friends, we usually book our holidays like a week or 2 in advance, we are all 19 and have already been Cyprus, Spain, Madrid and Italy, however we can't come to agree on anywhere as we like different things.

My 2 friends like to to go see things, like one of them suggested Athens to see the Ruins, now whilst I am not a big fan of going away just to go sightseeing, I will go aslong as it has a nightlife, I may be wrong, but I feel like Athens is more family oriented, I am not looking to go out partying every night, but I just want somewhere where there are touristy things to do during the day and then things to do at night, so our day's do not finish by 9 PM, aswell as touristy things just general activities in the day aswell, like Jet Skiing, where is the best place that you guys can think of that meets mine and both my 2 friends needs?
Doublletrouble
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Seems like you guys love your Europe

Personal favourites are:
Bali
Thailand
Malaysia
Tokyo
Qatar
And Morocco
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
cbaforcba
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Doublletrouble)
Seems like you guys love your Europe

Personal favourites are:
Bali
Thailand
Malaysia
Tokyo
Qatar
And Morocco
To be fair, we've paid for all holidays ourselves and as we were in School/College didn't have much money, now we all full time work we can afford most places, I suggested Thailand
El8482
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Love Europe to, but i think that Thai is definitely a good choice. Lots of things to do and where to go.
mirrightf
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For me, it's Ireland. Beautiful, old, relatively unspoiled, gentle, great beaches (seriously), fresh Guinness... no more words needed I guess.

My another great place is Costa Rica. Been there twice now and loved it and planning my next trip there through travelsite.com. Ocean is great, weather is great,rainforest,volcano, scuba diving,sailing--they have it all.
Last edited by mirrightf; 2 weeks ago
Kindred
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cbaforcba)
So I have a week booked off in mid June and am planning to go away with 2 other friends, we usually book our holidays like a week or 2 in advance, we are all 19 and have already been Cyprus, Spain, Madrid and Italy, however we can't come to agree on anywhere as we like different things.

My 2 friends like to to go see things, like one of them suggested Athens to see the Ruins, now whilst I am not a big fan of going away just to go sightseeing, I will go aslong as it has a nightlife, I may be wrong, but I feel like Athens is more family oriented, I am not looking to go out partying every night, but I just want somewhere where there are touristy things to do during the day and then things to do at night, so our day's do not finish by 9 PM, aswell as touristy things just general activities in the day aswell, like Jet Skiing, where is the best place that you guys can think of that meets mine and both my 2 friends needs?
Rome could work well. It's a big city so has your big city stuff (like nightlife), but it's also littered with culture like ruins, the pantheon, the vatican, the colosseum, crypts (rooms decorated with bones), trevi fountain, a park with a big art gallery (I can't remember the name) and even a cat sanctuary that you can visit inside some old ruins. It's also a day or weekend trip to some other cool places like pompeii (and vesuvius), herculanium, venice, capri.
Seems like it could be a win win for sight seeing and night life.
Dunnig Kruger
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
St Petersburg. In June. Midsummer. Great time to go. Great city.
Emma:-)
  • Entertainment Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Morocco
Pao_
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Colombia but it could be very expensive, why don’t you try somewhere like Ibiza? Or Marbella? Paris?
Last edited by Pao_; 2 weeks ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (54)
5.67%
Fairly positive (299)
31.37%
Just another year... (374)
39.24%
Is it 2020 yet? (226)
23.71%

Watched Threads

Latest