Fake Friend or Not? Watch

claddagh <3
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
So basically, someone in my group of friends asked if we would all like to go out and watch a movie and grab lunch together on Saturday and 2 of my friends (we're a group of five including me) straight away replied that they could definitely come they were just waiting for an answer off me and another girl so basically I checked what I was doing and it was my dad's birthday so I obviously told them I couldn't go. The other girl they were waiting on to reply was the girl in that group that I was the closest to so I messaged her out of the group chat asking if she was actually going to go without me. She said she wanted to because she hadn't been out of the house all Easter break because her family are going through some things and stuff and I got it and I was fine with that. After that, she messaged on the group chat that she could come and that. The girl who was organizing the get together was messaging me saying stuff like 'so sorry you can't come' or 'wish you would be able to come' and thats when I messaged the group chat asking if we could change the day we're meeting up. Three girls were like yes thats fine (including the one I'm closest with) and I was like great what day shall we do instead then the girl who's organizing it basically just texted 'no I don't want to change the date we're doing it on Saturday not any other day' and I was pretty much in shock how petty she was being. It's not that she couldn't do it, its just just that she didn't want to. If this was the first time it happened I wouldn't have been as angry, but its been 5 or 6 occasions before when a one of the other girls couldn't make it so we basically just either cancelled it and then a few weeks later planned it again, or we just changed it from the saturday to the friday or sunday. This time I was REALLY upset because she would normally change it but because its me, she's not changing it. Just to add on, she hasn't been that friendly to me over the past few days. I need help because if this was any other situation, I would've broken off the friendship immediately but because we're in a friend group, if I stop being friends with her I won't be able to be friends with them and she'll be chatting sh*t about me to my 'best friends'. I really don't know what to do. Any ideas?
AzureCeleste
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Not a big deal
You can't go to all meet up with friends
Saturday probably is just the best day for her and works ideally and she doesn't want to change it.

I'd personally just move on. I get that maybe it hurt but this is life- you aren't always going to be able to meet your friends when everyone else does

EDIT:
Would like to add, seems like a ridiculous reason to end a friendship over (I am aware you aren't but still seems silly)
Maybe she isn't a fan of you which isn't your fault so accept it and move on. You still have other friends
Last edited by AzureCeleste; 3 weeks ago
Krishchelsea
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Woah that took me a good full 10 minutes to read lol.I can totally relate well on the part where your scared to break your friendship with this person just coz she's friends with your other friends.i doubt it is anything to major i think she just probably does not like you.Not for any particular reason she just doesn't which you and her can't control.Just try and be nice to her and don't start arguments or anything because it will make the situation worse.Especially if your in year 11 because its gcses dont stress over this rubbish
(Original post by claddagh <3)
So basically, someone in my group of friends asked if we would all like to go out and watch a movie and grab lunch together on Saturday and 2 of my friends (we're a group of five including me) straight away replied that they could definitely come they were just waiting for an answer off me and another girl so basically I checked what I was doing and it was my dad's birthday so I obviously told them I couldn't go. The other girl they were waiting on to reply was the girl in that group that I was the closest to so I messaged her out of the group chat asking if she was actually going to go without me. She said she wanted to because she hadn't been out of the house all Easter break because her family are going through some things and stuff and I got it and I was fine with that. After that, she messaged on the group chat that she could come and that. The girl who was organizing the get together was messaging me saying stuff like 'so sorry you can't come' or 'wish you would be able to come' and thats when I messaged the group chat asking if we could change the day we're meeting up. Three girls were like yes thats fine (including the one I'm closest with) and I was like great what day shall we do instead then the girl who's organizing it basically just texted 'no I don't want to change the date we're doing it on Saturday not any other day' and I was pretty much in shock how petty she was being. It's not that she couldn't do it, its just just that she didn't want to. If this was the first time it happened I wouldn't have been as angry, but its been 5 or 6 occasions before when a one of the other girls couldn't make it so we basically just either cancelled it and then a few weeks later planned it again, or we just changed it from the saturday to the friday or sunday. This time I was REALLY upset because she would normally change it but because its me, she's not changing it. Just to add on, she hasn't been that friendly to me over the past few days. I need help because if this was any other situation, I would've broken off the friendship immediately but because we're in a friend group, if I stop being friends with her I won't be able to be friends with them and she'll be chatting sh*t about me to my 'best friends'. I really don't know what to do. Any ideas?
uniidk12345
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I understand why you're cross, but if this is often a problem, talk to her. She may not even realise she's leaving you out, and if she does, she might think twice before doing it again. Just remember to be polite when you confront her - don't start unnecessary drama without first having a conversation with her. If she keeps doing it after that, talk to your other friends and see if they've noticed anything, and chances are they'll be willing to call her out on it. Good luck!
(Original post by claddagh <3)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (478)
26.05%
The paper was reasonable (802)
43.71%
Not feeling great about that exam (361)
19.67%
It was TERRIBLE (194)
10.57%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise