Nimsy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Currently I am studying Level 2 in Early Years Childcare and have volunteered at the nursery for 7 months now, but I feel like I would be more suited to being a teaching assistant more than a trainee nursery nurse. You get less money being a TA rather than a nursery nurse, but I don't know which to go for. I want to be helpful and make a difference and I do want to become a reception teacher myself one day. I also dont really want to deal with changing nappies everyday for children so I would prefer to deal children a bit older than them because I get along with them better than the younger ones . Any advice would be appreciated
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Nimsy)
Currently I am studying Level 2 in Early Years Childcare and have volunteered at the nursery for 7 months now, but I feel like I would be more suited to being a teaching assistant more than a trainee nursery nurse. You get less money being a TA rather than a nursery nurse, but I don't know which to go for. I want to be helpful and make a difference and I do want to become a reception teacher myself one day. I also dont really want to deal with changing nappies everyday for children so I would prefer to deal children a bit older than them because I get along with them better than the younger ones . Any advice would be appreciated
Do you think you would enjoy being a TA more, and could you get by on the reduced salary? If so then I think you should go for that; it certainly sounds more aligned to your interests from what you've said here!
Laurajayne20
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
You would get more money as a ta and is better for the long run. I have worked in nurseries and every time it has been minimum wage.
Nilima 1992
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Nimsy)
Honestly, teaching assistant jobs pay is way more than a nursery nurse! Nursery job is rewarding! And you won't always be changing nappies all the time as you are helping the babies grown and develop into toilet training in the future.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (198)
19.22%
Labour (438)
42.52%
Liberal Democrats (200)
19.42%
Green Party (54)
5.24%
Brexit Party (27)
2.62%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.39%
SNP (15)
1.46%
Plaid Cymru (10)
0.97%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.1%
Sinn Fein (2)
0.19%
SDLP (1)
0.1%
Ulster Unionist (3)