Epq a star advice Watch

kasacolx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Anybody that has achieved an A* in EPQ this explain In detail how and what you included that boosted your mark and what I should not miss out
ANY CRUCIAL AND A* ADVICE PLEASE
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mkstudent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Go through the mark scheme with a fine tooth comb and check you’ve covered everything, and get a teacher to pre-mark it and give feedback then refine it
jojam
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Be really meticulous with your research, make sure that you have a LOT of sources (I’d say at least 30!) and a nice detailed source evaluation for the end of your bibliography. Also, over-do all the forms... it sucks, but complete epf2b if you haven’t managed to stick to your plan. I wrote pages and pages of detailed evaluation for each form which was super boring but it meant that I definitely ticked every box and got every mark possible. Be really annoying and get people to read your essay and help you with it, especially your tutor or supervisor! I asked two seperate friends to proofread my essay, oops. Make sure your presentation is detailed and very evaluative about your process, but also include interesting information about your project and conclusions and include a liiiiittle bit of audience participation like asking them a question! Make a handout and speaking notes so that you can have good evidence of your presentation (these are all the things I wish I had done with my presentation.. oops). Basically, over-do EVERYTHING and show your growth and personality, especially in your forms!! (eg. I found this helpful because ... I thought that I already knew how to do this but I learned that it is a lot more complicated ... etc) AND! The most important thing is that your project is about something you care about that you find really interesting so you know you can sustain your interest. Be super thorough, draft and re-draft until you’re happy with it and don’t be afraid to ask for help!
kasacolx
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jojam)
Be really meticulous with your research, make sure that you have a LOT of sources (I’d say at least 30!) and a nice detailed source evaluation for the end of your bibliography. Also, over-do all the forms... it sucks, but complete epf2b if you haven’t managed to stick to your plan. I wrote pages and pages of detailed evaluation for each form which was super boring but it meant that I definitely ticked every box and got every mark possible. Be really annoying and get people to read your essay and help you with it, especially your tutor or supervisor! I asked two seperate friends to proofread my essay, oops. Make sure your presentation is detailed and very evaluative about your process, but also include interesting information about your project and conclusions and include a liiiiittle bit of audience participation like asking them a question! Make a handout and speaking notes so that you can have good evidence of your presentation (these are all the things I wish I had done with my presentation.. oops). Basically, over-do EVERYTHING and show your growth and personality, especially in your forms!! (eg. I found this helpful because ... I thought that I already knew how to do this but I learned that it is a lot more complicated ... etc) AND! The most important thing is that your project is about something you care about that you find really interesting so you know you can sustain your interest. Be super thorough, draft and re-draft until you’re happy with it and don’t be afraid to ask for help!
Thank you soo soo much
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
mkstudent
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Oh yes, i forgot... have a couple of stooges in the audience with questions you've already prepared answers for
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• London Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Mini Open Evening - Holloway Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 May '19
  • Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
23.07%
The paper was reasonable (346)
41.79%
Not feeling great about that exam... (160)
19.32%
It was TERRIBLE (131)
15.82%

Watched Threads