Why is he like this/what's his deal? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
For some reason I fancied this guy at work but as per usual the guy I always seem to like doesn't like me back. Besides this, this guy can be soo rude at times slyly, you'd think he's a gentleman at times by offering to help carry things for you or giving me a hug when entering the workplace, complimenting my hair or saying I smell nice and that's about it but he does certain things to make me think otherwise, for example;

- Doesn't try to start a convo with me, or when I try, i find it hard to carry on the convo because idk I'm awks and I feel he's not interested because you know what, he isn't.

- His close friend likes me but unfortunately I don't feel the same way, and this guy I like seems to have fun teasing me about it or I suspect he encourages him on the down low.

- When we squeeze pass each other at work in this tiny passage way, he will do his best not to squash/touch me, like he will literally tip toe and move his body so close to the wall so he doesn't touch me , as if I'm fat.

- Tell me when a "hot girl" enters the workplace (because we work in a resturant) and how he wants to persue her. Just tells me how beautiful every mixed girl is that enters, even though sometimes I just don't see it and makes me feel **** because he finds that skin type beautiful.

- Said my name in some whole different way out of the blue which kind of made me feel like **** again because he had been saying my name right for time then all of a sudden just randomly said it weirdly, which made me think he truly cba to care I'm even there.

- We live near each other and he will do the upmost best to avoid travelling home with me by running for the train which tbh I do the same because I feel awkward and I get the impression he would not want to talk to me and rather listen to his music, so I avoid having to deal with a situation where the option of talking to each whilst travelling.

I don't get his deal tbh or why he's like this it makes me feel confused why he doesn't speak to me like the others and I feel ****. I'm not good enough for anyone!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
namajeffrey
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
maybe youre just cringe and he doesnt wanna talk to you!
Yahik093
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I guess he's just treating you like a colleague and that's it. I'm the same at work (apart from giving hugs and all that crap), I have some jokes every now and then but 99% of the time I just want to get the shift done and run away to my own things in my own bubble.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by namajeffrey)

Hmm maybe that's the case, it would explain my lack of love life.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Yahik093)
I guess he's just treating you like a colleague and that's it. I'm the same at work (apart from giving hugs and all that crap), I have some jokes every now and then but 99% of the time I just want to get the shift done and run away to my own things in my own bubble.
Fair enough I used to be like that when I started and tbh still am at times, I shouldn't have started liking him and maybe I'm getting too attached to the workplace.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by namajeffrey)
thanks for the confidence boost though 😔
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (48)
5.85%
Fairly positive (263)
32.03%
Just another year... (323)
39.34%
Is it 2020 yet? (187)
22.78%

Watched Threads

Latest