Medicine Groningen Applicants 2020 Watch

qu515
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hi everyone! I know it's quite early, but I wanted to make a thread where we can discuss admissions stuff, ask questions, and support one another for anyone planning to apply to Groningen's medicine program for entry in 2020. Thanks!
Aigle20350
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Great idea! I'm 2019 applicant so I'd be glad to help if anyone has any questions!
Annamies
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Well I applied to uni this year, not to medicine or Groningen, but to UK unis as a Dutch student. I know the struggle of applying to uni abroad. So if you have any questions about the Dutch education system hmu!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
qu515
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Hi! Did you end up studying at Groningen? If so, what's it like and what do you think of the program? Thanks!
(Original post by Aigle20350)
Great idea! I'm 2019 applicant so I'd be glad to help if anyone has any questions!
Aigle20350
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey! I've gotten through the exam and am now finishing my admission procedure. I will be starting my studies this September.
(Original post by qu515)
Hi! Did you end up studying at Groningen? If so, what's it like and what do you think of the program? Thanks!
qu515
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
Wow, congratulations!!! So for the admission procedure, I know we need to provide high school qualifications in the necessary subjects, and then there's the selection. What else do we need to provide? Like a personal statement or essays? Is there an interview? Thanks a lot!
Hey! I've gotten through the exam and am now finishing my admission procedure. I will be starting my studies this September.
BLCK CRVCK
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey, I'll be applying for Medicine at Groningen 2020 too, I'm a dutch/English student sitting my ccvx entrance exams in English soon so fingers crossed I'll pass n get in, for those who've applied already did you have to do an interview after selection day???
Aigle20350
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by qu515)
Wow, congratulations!!! So for the admission procedure, I know we need to provide high school qualifications in the necessary subjects, and then there's the selection. What else do we need to provide? Like a personal statement or essays? Is there an interview? Thanks a lot!
(Original post by BLCK CRVCK)
Hey, I'll be applying for Medicine at Groningen 2020 too, I'm a dutch/English student sitting my ccvx entrance exams in English soon so fingers crossed I'll pass n get in, for those who've applied already did you have to do an interview after selection day???
Hey guys! No there are no interviews after selection day and as far as I know the only things they want from you are your documents and a CV. Some people also uploaded motivation letters but it was not a requirement. Of course these are all based on the 2018 and 2019 admissions procedure. I don’t think they’d change it but when the time comes make sure to read the website thoroughly!
Annamies
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey guys! No there are no interviews after selection day and as far as I know the only things they want from you are your documents and a CV. Some people also uploaded motivation letters but it was not a requirement. Of course these are all based on the 2018 and 2019 admissions procedure. I don’t think they’d change it but when the time comes make sure to read the website thoroughly!
Just out of interest, is your offer conditional and what are the conditions?
Annamies
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
And also if they ask for a motivation letter but it’s not mandatory I would definitely still do it, it’s like an unspoken requirement
Aigle20350
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Hey there! I didn't upload any motivation letter myself. Since the admissions board is mainly responsible for making sure that your background knowledge is sufficient for the programme. The decision on whether or not you suit the programme is made during the selection. So I would suggest that for admissions, make sure you give all the documents they require in time (preferably right in October when the admissions open) so they have enough time to process your application and prepare for selection with all you've got.

As for my admission, right now it is provisional cause I need to send them certified copies of my diplomas.
(Original post by Annamies)
Just out of interest, is your offer conditional and what are the conditions?
(Original post by Annamies)
And also if they ask for a motivation letter but it’s not mandatory I would definitely still do it, it’s like an unspoken requirement
Aigle20350
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I think this video might be helpful to you guys. It was for the 2019 selection and admission. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7bAYQercU4
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (191)
22.66%
The paper was reasonable (389)
46.14%
Not feeling great about that exam... (156)
18.51%
It was TERRIBLE (107)
12.69%

Watched Threads