My Current Situation Watch

TheKiwiQueen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
So I have a few issues going on currently and was wondering if anyone could give me some help and advice.

I am currently studying health and social care at college. I just recently got my results back from an exam and didn't get the grade I was needing, I have decided to resit the exam in June. I achieved a Pass but need a Merit in order to go to university. I was wondering if anyone had any study tips to help me revise?

I have applied to 4 universities to study BSc (Hons) Paramedic Science. I unfortunately have been unsuccessful to receive a place at 2 but I am still waiting to hear back from the other 2. I have attended interviews and was told I would hear back within a couple of weeks, however this has not been the case. I attended one of the interviews nearly 2 months ago now and the other nearly a month. I understand no news is good news but I guess I'm scared of not getting in and not achieving my dream. Along with this sort of 'fear' you could say, I have had a lot of my college tutors tell me I should start looking for work experience within hospitals as they don't believe I'm going to get in. Does anyone have any advice or similar experiences with this sort of stuff?

Lastly if I don't get in, I know that I can apply again within the future but I was hoping if anyone knew any way I could gain some experience within the healthcare setting, until I can apply again. I'm trying to apply for Bank work within hospitals but ideally I'd love some experience in the field I wish to work in someday. I turn 18 in under 3 months, which I know will be an advantage.

Any help would be appreciated greatly, thank you.
Last edited by TheKiwiQueen; 4 weeks ago
maclucyharry
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What universitis are you wiating to here from if you dont mind me asking
TheKiwiQueen
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I was waiting from Sheffield Hallam and Sunderland however I have been rejected by both. I hope to get in through clearing even though I know it is going to be difficult.
(Original post by maclucyharry)
What universitis are you wiating to here from if you dont mind me asking
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (219)
22.91%
The paper was reasonable (428)
44.77%
Not feeling great about that exam... (174)
18.2%
It was TERRIBLE (135)
14.12%

Watched Threads