The Student Room Group

French Speaking GCSE

My french speaking is tmmrw at 9am, I haven’t done any revision and am planning on cramming all nite long, anyone got any advice, I’m doing theme 2 for the general convo btw,,, so if anyone has any last minute phrases or stuff plz help :smile:
I don't know if this will help, however when I did my french speaking I gathered some flash cards, wrote the French in coloured ink on one side and English on the back in normal ink. I did this for each paragraph we had to write. Read through the English and attempt to translate it into French without looking at the other side. I found that if I knew what I was saying in English and was struggling I could translate it in my head into french. I'd also jot down some important words to take with you if you can't take the flashcards in with you, I also found this very helpful. Lastly get enough sleep and don't stress, you'll do great, have every faith in yourself and good luck :smile:
Thankyou so much but I feel like sleep isn’t gonna happen as it’s 3am and I wake up at 6am :/
Original post by TheKiwiQueen
I don't know if this will help, however when I did my french speaking I gathered some flash cards, wrote the French in coloured ink on one side and English on the back in normal ink. I did this for each paragraph we had to write. Read through the English and attempt to translate it into French without looking at the other side. I found that if I knew what I was saying in English and was struggling I could translate it in my head into french. I'd also jot down some important words to take with you if you can't take the flashcards in with you, I also found this very helpful. Lastly get enough sleep and don't stress, you'll do great, have every faith in yourself and good luck :smile:
I do Spanish so I assume the mark scheme is the same for French, but 10/30 marks in the general conversation are for spontaneity and accent, so in other words just sound confident and limit your pauses even if you end up saying super basic sentences! Instead of trying to cram whole paragraphs, learn a few key words for each topic and quickly recap the basic grammar to make sure you use a variety of tenses. And make sure you get some sleep- from experience coming up with answers whilst sleep deprived is painfully difficult! Good luck :smile:
Thanks so much I’ll try to get an hour of sleep but if not I’m gonna have to stock up on energy drinks
Original post by lucexo-1
I do Spanish so I assume the mark scheme is the same for French, but 10/30 marks in the general conversation are for spontaneity and accent, so in other words just sound confident and limit your pauses even if you end up saying super basic sentences! Instead of trying to cram whole paragraphs, learn a few key words for each topic and quickly recap the basic grammar to make sure you use a variety of tenses. And make sure you get some sleep- from experience coming up with answers whilst sleep deprived is painfully difficult! Good luck :smile:
Original post by Freezerbunny12
Thanks so much I’ll try to get an hour of sleep but if not I’m gonna have to stock up on energy drinks

If your exam is at 9am you could always go home after it, then you can force yourself to have a burst of energy in the exam with an energy drink knowing you'll be able to sleep all day after
Sounds like a good idea apart from the fact I’m on an effort report thing cause I have a very high absence sooo I won’t be allowed to go home sadly
Original post by lucexo-1
If your exam is at 9am you could always go home after it, then you can force yourself to have a burst of energy in the exam with an energy drink knowing you'll be able to sleep all day after

Quick Reply