Does your MP live in their constituency? Watch

nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by TensorTympani)
Furthermore, I was using a hyperbole of "on the other side of Scotland" to express how often she actually is in her constituency.
I wonder if you have noticed that her place of work is some 400 miles from her constituency.

Her job is to represent her constituents in the corridors of power in Westminster, not to moan about the decisions taken there from afar.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
TensorTympani
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
True as long as they are able to represent their constituents it is fine, however my MP rarely ever addresses the problems of her constituents.
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
The thing is that not all MPs do live in their constituency and that isn't a massive problem, in my view, so long that they're able to represent their constituents and is usually active in their constituency and getting involved with different events or talking to constituents. My MP (whom I'm not naming) lives in the constituency and is very active in the constituency which is good and he does a fantastic job unlike his predecessor.
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No. Don't even know what she does.
TensorTympani
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
In the 10 years that my MP has been in power I think I have only seen her twice before the election time.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (139)
22.9%
The paper was reasonable (264)
43.49%
Not feeling great about that exam... (111)
18.29%
It was TERRIBLE (93)
15.32%

Watched Threads