Driving Test Watch

JAB36
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Just passed my driving test first time with 0 minors. Just want to give tips to people who have got theirs coming up shortly.
- Firstly your going to feel nervous but stay calm and treat it like a normal lesson with a few extra mirror check.
-Dont rush roundabouts make sure there is a clear space
-Use handbrake each time you stop(in control more)
-It is perfectly fine to coast into corners (I always leave my clutch down while turning corners-wasnt penalised at all)
-Emphasise 6 point check while moving off from side of the road
-Take your time dont feel pressured if someone is tailgating you
-Have conversation with the examiner (Helps you feel relaxed)
-Dont stress on knowing all the show me tell me questions, even if you get both wrong it's only one minor
Doublletrouble
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
CONGRATULATIONS!!

I agree with all the points but the handbrake one... You don't need to use the handbrake every time you stop especially if you have good clutch control (saves time)
Also coasting is pretty dangerous even if you don't get penalised for it you should aim to minimise it

But CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
JAB36
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doublletrouble)
CONGRATULATIONS!!
Yeah with the hand brake that's fair enough I put it on when I thought there was a chance of the car rolling back and with coasting it's just a habit of mine that I'll probably start and cut down on but thanks very much👍
I agree with all the points but the handbrake one... You don't need to use the handbrake every time you stop especially if you have good clutch control (saves time)
Also coasting is pretty dangerous even if you don't get penalised for it you should aim to minimise it

But CONGRATULATIONS!!!
Yeah I agree about the hand brake I put it on when I thought the car may roll back and with coasting it's a habit if mine and I'll try and subtly cut it out over time, But thanks!
xDron3
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well done, now the real learning begins
EndMe.xo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
stop flexing on us bro
JAB36
Rep:
?
Hahah had to flex the zero minors, I have to admit the route I took I pretty much knew of by heart and I got (what I believe to be) the easiest manoeuvre- Pull to opposite side of road and reverse 2 car spaces👍
EndMe.xo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jab36)
hahah had to flex the zero minors, i have to admit the route i took i pretty much knew of by heart and i got (what i believe to be) the easiest manoeuvre- pull to opposite side of road and reverse 2 car spaces👍
take me seriously
Bubblylibra
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Well done! Very good tips for learners!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (48)
5.85%
Fairly positive (263)
32.07%
Just another year... (323)
39.39%
Is it 2020 yet? (186)
22.68%

Watched Threads