?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Any questions ? Feel free to ask anything
EndMe.xo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
State whether protons and neutrons are fundamental particles (3 Marks)
JoshDarnIt
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
''What is love if not swiping with abandon after looking for a few brief seconds to ascertain whether you would exchange bodily fluids with the person in question?'' - Me

Btw I though you were a dude, my bad
AvoLife
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Uhhh yeah? Bit confused really
(Original post by EndMe.xo)
State whether protons and neutrons are fundamental particles (3 Marks)
Wired_1800
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AvoLife)
Any questions ? Feel free to ask anything
1. Are you Jewish by birth or choice?
2. Is your mother Jewish?
3. What do you think of Brexit?
4. What Jewish sect are you from?
5. Would you marry a non-Jew?
6. What do you think of Jeremy Corbyn?
7. What do you want to study and at what uni?
8. Do you believe in Israel being the spiritual home of the Hebrews?
9. Where are you from?
10. Do you think Islam and Judaism can ever be at peace with each other?
AvoLife
Rep:
?
I'm slightly confused by this. What has this got to do with Judaism lol
Ahaha guess not brother. I guess it's hard to tell with no profile pic and all :lol:
(Original post by JoshDarnIt)
''What is love if not swiping with abandon after looking for a few brief seconds to ascertain whether you would exchange bodily fluids with the person in question?'' - Me

Btw I though you were a dude, my bad
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I'm slightly confused by this. What has this got to do with Judaism lol
Ahaha guess not brother. I guess it's hard to tell with no profile pic and all :lol:
It doesn't but this is an AMA so I decided to ask anything :lol:

True lol
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
i am tank commander in Negev. you want see in tank ?

:holmes:
AvoLife
Rep:
?
Wow these are a lot of questions. I'll try to answer the best I can !
1. I'm Jewish by birth and this links to the next question, as since my mother is Jewish then I am automatically Jewish from birth. Though I would say I don't feel forced into religion, it has become an increasing part of who I am and is fundamental to my identity.
2. Yes.
3. Not really Judaism-related but happy to answer anyway. I'm not sure any pm would be able to get us out of this mess, and there are so many conflicting views/opinions that I never seem to understand where we really stand. I am fearful of the economic consequences whichever way we leave the EU. Though I hope that it does happen, the country voted for it and the pm has a responsibility to deliver on that promise. I could say a lot more, but don't want this to take forever!
4. Modern Orthodox.
5. I can't really see the future ahead of me, but I think not- I see my future family being brought up religious and Jewish. That is just how I visualise my future self! Though who knows what the future holds.
6. While he is a passionate and for some, persuasive speaker, he has shown anti-semitic views and has affiliated with organisations and events that are not sensitive to the Jewish community. I feel sometimes he is brash and irresponsible, and says things to encourage public support rather than be realistic.
7. I think I want to study engineering, chemical or aeronautical. I'm quite ambitious so maybe Imperial! I've been predicted to do pretty well in exams- so I hope all goes well. Though I'm still uncertain about which uni.
8. I do believe that Israel is spiritually a very important place for Jews, and a unified way to practise religion in a community atmosphere.
9. London, UK.
10. Yes, of course. There are definitely tensions, especially when you look at Israel and Gaza, but there's no reason why globally, a mutual respect cannot be restored. There are for sure preconceptions about both religions- which is utterly wrong. Humans should be civil and respectful to each other whenever- but religious stereotypes have definitely threatened this ideal.

I hope I've answered your questions! Please feel free to ask more, if you have.
(Original post by Wired_1800)
1. Are you Jewish by birth or choice?
2. Is your mother Jewish?
3. What do you think of Brexit?
4. What Jewish sect are you from?
5. Would you marry a non-Jew?
6. What do you think of Jeremy Corbyn?
7. What do you want to study and at what uni?
8. Do you believe in Israel being the spiritual home of the Hebrews?
9. Where are you from?
10. Do you think Islam and Judaism can ever be at peace with each other?
AvoLife
Rep:
?
Hella confused right now
(Original post by the bear)
i am tank commander in Negev. you want see in tank ?

:holmes:
AvoLife
Rep:
?
Lol I don't mind answering, but what is your question it just confused me :lol:
It doesn't but this is an AMA so I decided to ask anything :lol:

True lol
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hella confused right now
tank is very nice. i have gefilte fish and matzoth if you hungry. you can shoot gun if want.
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lol I don't mind answering, but what is your question it just confused me :lol:
I don't even know myself tbh :rofl:
AvoLife
Rep:
?
Okay well if u got any questions about Judaism or just in general, hmu when u figure out what u wanna ask! :lol:
I don't even know myself tbh :rofl:
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Okay well if u got any questions about Judaism or just in general, hmu when u figure out what u wanna ask! :lol:
Acc I do have a legit question, what is the Kaballah? Cos the Kaballah is quite prevalent in spirituality too
HoldThisL
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hiko are you kidding me?
YouCantSeeMe
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
To what extent do you believe anti-semitism exists within labour and Corboyn? Do you believe the likes of Rachel Riley (who is a fanatic) that labour is the scum riddled against jews or that this is over perpetuated by the right wing Tory’s as a fear mongering tactic?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
AvoLife
Rep:
?
The Kaballah is a book of I suppose, core Jewish ideologies. It is supposed to be the "mystics" of the world- how the world functions, why things happen, the way and reasoning of G-d. The reason why I say supposedly is because the Kaballah is actually extremely difficult to understand without being on a very very high spiritual level and closeness with G-d. This is why according to Jewish law, you are supposed to be extremely learned and have years and years of learning, to even attempt reading the Kaballah. The ideas in this book are not at all meant to be read literally they all have a higher metaphorical level, and this is why ideas have often been misinterpreted by people who have attempted to study it who are not on this "extremely high spiritual level". Some of the greatest current Rabbis cannot study it or do not want to because they feel they are not learned enough. Though, I have to say there are ideas which can be applied to our daily lives that older Rabbis and commentaries have explained in a simpler way- and make things a lot more meaningful.
Acc I do have a legit question, what is the Kaballah? Cos the Kaballah is quite prevalent in spirituality too
AvoLife
Rep:
?
About?
(Original post by HoldThisL)
Hiko are you kidding me?
JoshDarnIt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The Kaballah is a book of I suppose, core Jewish ideologies. It is supposed to be the "mystics" of the world- how the world functions, why things happen, the way and reasoning of G-d. The reason why I say supposedly is because the Kaballah is actually extremely difficult to understand without being on a very very high spiritual level and closeness with G-d. This is why according to Jewish law, you are supposed to be extremely learned and have years and years of learning, to even attempt reading the Kaballah. The ideas in this book are not at all meant to be read literally they all have a higher metaphorical level, and this is why ideas have often been misinterpreted by people who have attempted to study it who are not on this "extremely high spiritual level". Some of the greatest current Rabbis cannot study it or do not want to because they feel they are not learned enough. Though, I have to say there are ideas which can be applied to our daily lives that older Rabbis and commentaries have explained in a simpler way- and make things a lot more meaningful.
Thanks for the explanation
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (205)
22.16%
The paper was reasonable (392)
42.38%
Not feeling great about that exam... (178)
19.24%
It was TERRIBLE (150)
16.22%

Watched Threads