A level Biology or A Level History Watch

Emily Nguyen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hello!
I’m currently taking MYP from the IB and next year I’m going abroad and taking the A-levels. I’m currently struggling to either choose Biology A Level or History A Level. I have a good understanding of Biology but it has never been my “strength”, whereas History, I’m not very familiar to but I’m more interested in. Should I take A level Bio or A level History? I was told that taking a Science can be an advantage when applying to university. For your information, I’m interested in International Relations, Law or other Social sciences subjects for university
Thank you!
Last edited by Emily Nguyen; 4 weeks ago
999tigger
  • Answer Heroes
Badges: 19
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Emily Nguyen)
Hello!
I’m currently taking MYP from the IB and next year I’m going abroad and taking the A-levels. I’m currently struggling to either choose Biology A Level or History A Level. I have a good understanding of Biology but it has never been my “strength”, whereas History, I’m not very familiar to but I’m more interested in. Should I take A level Bio or A level History?
Thank you!
What are your other A levels , which degree you want to do and what career?
The normal advice is do the one you are strongest at/ most interested in/ can get the best grade in.
Emily Nguyen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Currently, I’m taking Maths, English Literature and Language, Economics and History. Although I’m thinking about whether I should change History to Biology. I’m not quite sure what to take in the future yet but possibly International relations or Law. I was told that if I take Biology, it would give me an advantage when applying to university. Would it be a disadvantage if I haven’t taken History GCSE before?
Hdeinso
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
History is generally a better option if you want to do a social science considering the skill set is similar.
(Original post by Emily Nguyen)
Currently, I’m taking Maths, English Literature and Language, Economics and History. Although I’m thinking about whether I should change History to Biology. I’m not quite sure what to take in the future yet but possibly International relations or Law. I was told that if I take Biology, it would give me an advantage when applying to university. Would it be a disadvantage if I haven’t taken History GCSE before?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Arts University Bournemouth
    Art and Design Foundation Diploma Further education
    Sat, 25 May '19
  • SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (61)
16.35%
The paper was reasonable (191)
51.21%
Not feeling great about that exam... (80)
21.45%
It was TERRIBLE (41)
10.99%

Watched Threads