The Student Room Group

Going on holiday during first month of A-Levels

I'll be starting sixth form in september, but my family have booked a holiday for the last week of Sep/first week of Oct. they really want me to go, but I don't want to make a bad impression or fall behind? what should I do?
Original post by flynn02
I'll be starting sixth form in september, but my family have booked a holiday for the last week of Sep/first week of Oct. they really want me to go, but I don't want to make a bad impression or fall behind? what should I do?

It would be a really bad idea to miss 2 weeks of your A levels and the school probably wouldn't even authorise it. Maybe you could compromise by joining them on holiday for a few days or up to a week at most. I don't know what reason you could give the school but they wouldn't be happy about it unless you were "taken ill" for the week.

You will be surprised how much work you will miss though, it would have been much better if your family could have gone away in the October half term instead.
Reply 2
It's only actually 5 days I'd miss (I meant we go on the last few days of Sep, come back start of Oct, sorry for confusion lol) but I undrstand 5 days is a lot - my brother's just finished A-Levels and he's told me how much work there is in such little time.
Original post by harrysbar
It would be a really bad idea to miss 2 weeks of your A levels and the school probably wouldn't even authorise it. Maybe you could compromise by joining them on holiday for a few days or up to a week at most. I don't know what reason you could give the school but they wouldn't be happy about it unless you were "taken ill" for the week.

You will be surprised how much work you will miss though, it would have been much better if your family could have gone away in the October half term instead.
Original post by flynn02
It's only actually 5 days I'd miss (I meant we go on the last few days of Sep, come back start of Oct, sorry for confusion lol) but I undrstand 5 days is a lot - my brother's just finished A-Levels and he's told me how much work there is in such little time.

Ok that's not as bad then....not perfect but idk ...you could get away with it and just have a lot of catching up to do
I wouldn't recommend it but it wouldn't be the end of the world either.

Quick Reply

Latest