MSc Offer: Chances of getting deposit back Watch

Poll: MSc Offer: Chances of getting deposit back
Stick with Cass no matter what. (2)
100%
Forget about the deposit and go with Imperial if you get the offer. (0)
0%
Litquidity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Dear all,

I received offers from:
- Kings College London: MSc Banking & Finance (I declined the offer)
- Cass Business School: MSc Investment Management (accepted offer, incl. paid deposit)
- Imperial College London: MSc Finance & Accounting (declined offer)

I applied for the MSc Investment and Wealth Management at Imperial College London (would be my first choice). However, they were not able to offer me a place just yet; however, they offered me a place for their MSc Finance and Accounting program which really does not fit my interests (that's also why I declined this offer). Nonetheless, they did put me on their waiting list for the course I initially applied to (MSc Investment and Wealth Management) and I will know about the outcome on 30th May.

Since the only scenario where I end up with at least one MSc I already had to pay the deposit of £2,000 for Cass. I did read the terms and conditions of the deposit and know that I only have 14 days to cancel my confirmation (this is not enough time until I know about Imperial).

Don't get me wrong, Cass is fantastic and I am happy about being able to study there, but I just want to make the right decision.

I now want to ask this community:
1. Are there any other ways of getting back the deposit of £2,000 (in case I get the Imperial offer)?
2. Do you think it would be worth it to just leave the deposit with Cass and still go to Imperial (i. e. the deposit could be seen as a risk premium).
3. Is Imperial really that much better than Cass and what do you think in general about this topic?

Thank you for sharing your experience!
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Litquidity)
Dear all,

I received offers from:
- Kings College London: MSc Banking & Finance (I declined the offer)
- Cass Business School: MSc Investment Management (accepted offer, incl. paid deposit)
- Imperial College London: MSc Finance & Accounting (declined offer)

I applied for the MSc Investment and Wealth Management at Imperial College London (would be my first choice). However, they were not able to offer me a place just yet; however, they offered me a place for their MSc Finance and Accounting program which really does not fit my interests (that's also why I declined this offer). Nonetheless, they did put me on their waiting list for the course I initially applied to (MSc Investment and Wealth Management) and I will know about the outcome on 30th May.

Since the only scenario where I end up with at least one MSc I already had to pay the deposit of £2,000 for Cass. I did read the terms and conditions of the deposit and know that I only have 14 days to cancel my confirmation (this is not enough time until I know about Imperial).

Don't get me wrong, Cass is fantastic and I am happy about being able to study there, but I just want to make the right decision.

I now want to ask this community:
1. Are there any other ways of getting back the deposit of £2,000 (in case I get the Imperial offer)?
2. Do you think it would be worth it to just leave the deposit with Cass and still go to Imperial (i. e. the deposit could be seen as a risk premium).
3. Is Imperial really that much better than Cass and what do you think in general about this topic?

Thank you for sharing your experience!
My view is that Cass is an excellent business school and you have small to zero chance of getting the deposit back if you withdraw from your Cass offer. Therefore, I have voted to stick with Cass.

However, I'm no expert on Investment Management - maybe ask in the careers forum and on the Imperial/Cass sub forums?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (195)
22.62%
The paper was reasonable (395)
45.82%
Not feeling great about that exam... (158)
18.33%
It was TERRIBLE (114)
13.23%

Watched Threads