The Student Room Group

biology genetics help

Hi, I have a few questions in regards to this paper.for 1c, when it says phenotypes, does this mean you also have to say whether they are male or female? Also, for 2di, I got 0.9 but then wrote 90 percent - is this correct as the answer only gives 0.9 (for the frequency)? thanks https://pmt.physicsandmathstutor.com/download/Biology/A-level/Topic-Qs/AQA/7-Genetics-Populations-Evolution-and-Ecosystems/Set-B/Inheritance%20and%20Genetic%20Crosses%20QP.pdf
Yes when it asks for the phenotype you have to also state it its a male or a female. For the other question it asks about the frequency so you just have to write 0.9. If the question asked about the % than that would be 90%.
Reply 2
1) Yes, I believe for the phenotype you’d have to say the gender of the cat and the colour to get the marks.

2) 90% should still be correct as it is the same as 0.9 anyway . Also as the question put the frequency as a percentage ( the 19% part ), they should accept a percentage as an answer. Not sure about this though youd have to check the markscheme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending