The Brexit Party going to crush the European Elections Watch

CoffeeAndPolitics
  • Study Forum Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That's quite an overexaggerated/hyped up statement... Yes, Farage is known for being charismatic and arguably one of the few offering clarity on what they want to see out of Brexit. However, having said that, this doesn't mean that the Brexit Party are on course to win big in the European Elections as you claim. I think the major problem here is people comparing the Brexit Party to UKIP and how well UKIP performed in the last European Elections and making silly assumptions on how well the Brexit Party will do without considering other factors at play.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ColinDent)
If you're that confident then you will doubtlesly be able to back up those assertions with some facts.
Or maybe you're just avoiding the question.
You lost the right to demand facts or substantiation when you insulted my intellect and hurt my feelings. Keep the thread on track now.
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
We have PR in the European elections. So no-one will sweep the board.
ColinDent
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Notoriety)
You lost the right to demand facts or substantiation when you insulted my intellect and hurt my feelings. Keep the thread on track now.
Hurt your feelings? Lol.
Touchy little snowflake aren't we.
I'll just fill in the blanks and assume you don't have any actual reasoning behind your slur then.
JinChang
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by generallee)
Anyone who votes UKIP or for the Brexit Party are ipso facto racist bigots, according to the Remainer media, and countless Remainer twitter accounts...

They can believe what nonsense they like of course, but they also seriously think asserting it is a winning strategy for their point of view. That it claims hearts and minds. You couldn't make it up.

And they are said to be (mostly by their own Remainer media, bizarrely enough ) the clever, educated, sophisticated ones! Doesn't sound like a sophisticated strategy to me, and it didn't seem to work out all that well in the Referendum. But what do I know?

They are the political geniuses. Who dropped us in this mess.
What about those who vote for Labour?
generallee
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
The Brexit Party are going to win the European Elections. 52% of the electorate are up for grabs.

Why will any Leaver vote for the Tories, they are a total and utter joke on Brexit? Why will five million Labour Leave voters vote for the anti working class, Remainer Labour Party? Which Leave voter cares about Remainer, Continuity UK, or Remainer Lib Dems or the Remainer Greens? Let alone Remainer SDP and Plaid...

You heard it here first. The Remainer vote is totally split and UKIP is compromised. The Brexit Party is going to clean up.

And all those who say so what, listen to yourselves. These are real voters in a democratic election. What part of democracy don't you get, Remainers?? Can't you see how you can't win here? Your position is untenable??

If you want us to stay in the EU start making the case for what is so great about it. Why we would want to. Start winning democratic elections.

(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
That's quite an overexaggerated/hyped up statement... Yes, Farage is known for being charismatic and arguably one of the few offering clarity on what they want to see out of Brexit. However, having said that, this doesn't mean that the Brexit Party are on course to win big in the European Elections as you claim. I think the major problem here is people comparing the Brexit Party to UKIP and how well UKIP performed in the last European Elections and making silly assumptions on how well the Brexit Party will do without considering other factors at play.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Hurt your feelings? Lol.
I'll just fill in the blanks and assume you don't have any actual reasoning behind your slur then.
Nah, you just don't get sarcasm.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nah, you just don't get sarcasm.
Ditto, so still nothing to back up your assertion?
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You're not going to substantiate your claim that most of the people that voted for UKIP are racists?
Unless of course you feel that wanting to leave the EU somehow makes people racist, this is of course a weak argument made by those of even weaker minds.
Hurt your feelings? Lol.
You're a rude person with poor grammar.

Not a good role model for your cause.
Dez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
We leave on WTO terms. Then if the EU wants to realistically negotiate, fine, if not, sayonara, Eurocrats, not nice knowing you. They will negotiate some form of trade deal because they export far more to us than we do to them, the reason they never did was because of Remainers in Parlieamnet and the Civil Service, undermining the UK's position, and the criminal weakness of the Remainer, May.

The Irish border is a fabricated issue. Borders are a two way thing, if Ireland wants to set one up, once again, fine, we don't have to follow.
I'm not going to waste my time on this crap. These issues have been debated many times before, and it's clear you're very ignorant of the reality of the situation when you make statements like this.

As for violence, that is always the alternative to democracy. For what else is there if your majority vote means nothing?

That is the situation Remainers are (wilfully and knowingly) creating, the destruction of our fragile democratic polity. You hope for apathy, but what if you get violence instead?

I would say extra parliamentary action was legitimate in the circumstance of no Brexit, and I am a dyed in the wool supporter of parliamentary democracy. But our rulers are given their power by a popular vote. They can't frustrate it in this naked way. It is too big an issue.

Government ministers have a democratic mandate for the power they hold. It isn't theirs by right, to do as they think best. We, the people, hand it to them. They have to be held to account.

And the way democracies work (in advanced societies if not some African one party states) is that the losers (the 48%) accept the result.
What an absurdity. It's remainers fault that the only way hardnose Brexiteers can enforce their minority opinion is through violence? That makes no sense at all. If you want a no-deal burn-the-borders Brexit, then you need to convince people that it's a good idea, not enforce it via fascism.
Bashtopher
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The same, standard, tired, old trope. Is that the best argument you can come up with? Seriously??

Anyone would think (to hear you speak) these elections were in any sense meaningful, in the sense of representing our national "demos", when of course, they aren't in the slightest. But then this the EU after all, the very antithesis of democracy.
Lol reading your contributions to this thread, I can't help but think that you are some angsty teen that thrives on being a controversialist and gets a little too sucked into populist rhetoric.

Oh, and calling the EU the antithesis of democracy is laughable. It's arguably more democratic than the UK. If you'd like, I can compare the two legal systems for you to show you. I don't even need to reference the advisory referendum in 2016 to demonstrate the more democratic nature of the EU compared to the UK. I can use facts and figures instead of regurgitating what Nige told me while wearing a tweed jacket and holding a pint of Spitfire...

Oh, and thinking that violence is an acceptable response to a parliament not enforcing a non-binding, advisory referendum is actually antithetical to democratic thought.
Last edited by Bashtopher; 3 weeks ago
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
You're a rude person with poor grammar.

Not a good role model for your cause.
Just fighting fire with fire Harry, and yes you are correct my grammar is and always has been poor, does that make my opinion of any less worth?
P.s do you agree with Notoriety that most people that voted for UKIP in 2015 are racists? If so then I'm not so certain that you should be calling anyone else rude.
And if any of you remainers are willing to back up Notoriety and prove this "fact" please feel free, because that particular poster doesn't seem to have the courage of their convictions.
Last edited by ColinDent; 3 weeks ago
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just fighting fire with fire Harry, and yes you are correct my grammar is and always has been poor, does that make my opinion of any less worth?
P.s do you agree with Notoriety that most people that voted for UKIP in 2015 are racists? If so then I'm not so certain that you should be calling anyone else rude.
And if any of you remainers are willing to back up Notoriety and prove this "fact" please feel free, because that particular poster doesn't seem to have the courage of their convictions.
Having seen the way you speak to people, no I won't be entering into a political debate with you.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
Having seen the way you speak to people, no I won't be entering into a political debate with you.
The way I speak to people?
I guess if you're supersensitive then you might get offended.
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
:blah: supersensitive
The way I speak to people?
I guess if you're supersensitive then you might get offended.
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am just going off the people I know and see around me, what more can I do.

They love watching England footie, have a bulldog tattooed on their back, their missus gives them earache, they love a Saturday night curry, and they want the foreigners gone.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am just going off the people I know and see around me, what more can I do.

They love watching England footie, have a bulldog tattooed on their back, their missus gives them earache, they love a Saturday night curry, and they want the foreigners gone.
Wow, Belgravia has really gone downhill recently!
Notoriety
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Ah that explains it, you're a bigot.
I am not very clever and now I am bigoted. If I didn't know better, I would think you were trying to insult me!
(Original post by Reality Check)
Wow, Belgravia has really gone downhill recently!
Caviar on Sundays, as per.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Just don't pair it with champagne, or you'll get the Brexiteers' knickers in a knot about 'drinking that foreign muck'.
ColinDent
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am not very clever and now I am bigoted. If I didn't know better, I would think you were trying to insult me!

No, just a summation of what you have written
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE Physics Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (292)
31.13%
The paper was reasonable (378)
40.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (151)
16.1%
It was TERRIBLE (117)
12.47%

Watched Threads