The Student Room Group

Dissertation bibliography

I have already submitted my dissertation but now panicking because I did my bibliography wrong. Was told I could use a 3 em dash when listing the same author for other books but I didn’t even do the 3 em dash correctly! Really panicking I am going to get marked down for this:frown:
Original post by Anonymous
I have already submitted my dissertation but now panicking because I did my bibliography wrong. Was told I could use a 3 em dash when listing the same author for other books but I didn’t even do the 3 em dash correctly! Really panicking I am going to get marked down for this:frown:

If made the mistake consistently, then it may be that no one notices. It is unlikely that you will lose a lot of marks even if they do. There's nothing you can do about it now anyway, so you might as well as well put it out of your mind.
Original post by Anonymous

Hey, dont worry!! relax now you have handed it in! I did the same and panicked as I missed out some references in mine and they didnt notice at all and i still got a good mark! They have lots of them to mark and cant possible look at them all in that much detail. If they do notice you wont be marked down much at all anyway so honestly dont worry. Congrats on handing it in!
Sophia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest