mwindram
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Hi,

I'm thinking about doing geography a level without a GCSE, do you think I will be at a disadvantage?

Thanks
confused320
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I took geography at GCSE and am about to take my A-Level exams for it next month. Most sixth forms don't state that GCSE Geography is a prerequisite to study it at A-Level and I would say that you don't have to have studied it at GCSE to do well. A lot of the units I studied at A-Level were totally different and even some areas which I did cover, GCSE barely touched on them.
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Not really, you should be fine. At my sixth form they accepted people who didn't take geography GCSE. If you do coasts or rivers at a level in physical geography that's something often covered at GCSE, so you may have a bit of base knowledge to catch up on. Otherwise with human geography at a level it's all new content with no prior knowledge. In essence you should be perfectly fine, I'd say do a bit of research of base knowledge on the physical geography topics and doing your own fieldwork investigation, but you'll be fine regardless! I do geography a level too
mwindram
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
thank you for your replies.

the course is both human ad physical geography so might have to check over the GCSE content
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (75)
14.94%
1 (69)
13.75%
2 (65)
12.95%
20.52%
20.32%
5 (88)
17.53%

Watched Threads

Latest