Dealing with bullying? Watch

Justicelux
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I think that it's not only the talking that must be done it's the action that works most it's the action, the principle, the goal to stop bullying that works not by simply talking but by finding real solutions that I believe we lack. Bullying is becoming worse year after year as statistics show, in the UK it is the worst than in other European countries and the reason why bullying isn't stopping is beacuse of lack of cooperation, understanding and action by staff and other authorities in charge of education and child rights, there must be better laws and policies in place, there must be more action from adults and more severe conseuqneces for those who bully.
At the moment all bullies recieve is detention or no consequence at all and bad staff rarely receives a consequence at all whilst the victim of bullying recieves the most blame from staff and students in school , there must be action and change.
Actions speak louder than words and if that could be achieved, bullying could decline effectively.

What's your opinion on schools in UK? PM me if youd like to discuss/ know more
anon34443
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
People in my school get much more than a detention for bullying So i dont know what you are on about ?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
username4454836
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Back in my day (not all that long ago) I was bullied at school and the staff weren't particularly interested.

So as an intelligent person I solved the issue myself with a cricket bat, then the school took interest and nothing further happened to me.

Violence isn't always the solution but sometimes it is.
fallen_acorns
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I really doubt bullying is increasing. I expect reported bullying is rising, and cyber bullying is replacing traditional bullying (which leaves a record people can view), but I can't imagine overall there is more bullying now then in the 70s.

The answer to not being bullied has always been pretty simple: Don't be the biggest target or the weakest individual. Job done.

Why don't adults stop bullying? The answer is really because they don't know how to. I mean you have schools where some of the teachers/staff are bullying other members of staff, in more subtle adult ways mind you, and you have kids expecting these same adults to solve it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has 2019 been so far?

Amazing!!! (48)
5.85%
Fairly positive (263)
32.07%
Just another year... (323)
39.39%
Is it 2020 yet? (186)
22.68%

Watched Threads