The Student Room Group

I don't know what I want to do when I'm an adult.

So... Lately I've been into guitar and bass... singing, cosmetology, and some other things. But I keep changing. I feel like I should make my choice of what I wanna do with my life already. A lot of the people in my school around my age group tends to know. I keep telling my friends I'm gonna go places in life and be successful. I'm a 15 year old in 9th grade, almost 10th in a month. I just keep switching to one interest to another. I'm afraid its going to mess up my life. How do I know what I want to do? I know it's normal but it's stressful.
Original post by Mayhemfann
So... Lately I've been into guitar and bass... singing, cosmetology, and some other things. But I keep changing. I feel like I should make my choice of what I wanna do with my life already. A lot of the people in my school around my age group tends to know. I keep telling my friends I'm gonna go places in life and be successful. I'm a 15 year old in 9th grade, almost 10th in a month. I just keep switching to one interest to another. I'm afraid its going to mess up my life. How do I know what I want to do? I know it's normal but it's stressful.

A lot of people won't know what they want to do the rest of their life at 15. It can take years (or even decades) to find the right path. You have to make decisions based on your skills and interests. Try new things or getting some work experience in careers you may like. If things don't work out or you don't like something, just move on to the next thing. Life is about finding out what truly makes you happy, and you have plenty of time to do so.
I didn't decide what I wanted to do until I was 25. It's okay to not have your life figured out when you're 15. Quite frankly, it's ridiculous educators and the government expect children to know what it is they'd like to pursue for a career.
A woman I work with said she doesn’t know what she wants to do with life and she’s in her late 50s
Original post by lil_student_xoxo
A woman I work with said she doesn’t know what she wants to do with life and she’s in her late 50s

sorry that's not a good response...
Original post by Kangaroo17
sorry that's not a good response...

What I’m trying to say is that op at 15 has nothing to worry about as some people much older don’t know what they want to do.

Quick Reply

Latest