GoldenShade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
I am doing English Literature A-Level (AQA) and am currently one grade below what I need to be achieving for university. My teachers have said that I need to analyse further, break up my quotations even more. However, I feel I am already doing this. Does anybody have any tips?
(Please reply ASAP)
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GoldenShade)
Hi,
I am doing English Literature A-Level (AQA) and am currently one grade below what I need to be achieving for university. My teachers have said that I need to analyse further, break up my quotations even more. However, I feel I am already doing this. Does anybody have any tips?
(Please reply ASAP)
Sorry for the delay in replying to this.

Could you give some examples perhaps of the kind of quote analysis you've been doing in essays?

There's a Guide on how to write an English essay here that you may want to look at:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4006239
GoldenShade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

Thank you for replying, quotes from novels/poems. I could send one of my essays?

(Original post by 04MR17)
Sorry for the delay in replying to this.

Could you give some examples perhaps of the kind of quote analysis you've been doing in essays?

There's a Guide on how to write an English essay here that you may want to look at:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4006239
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GoldenShade)
Hi,

Thank you for replying, quotes from novels/poems. I could send one of my essays?
Just a couple of paragraphs would be helpful.

Can't promise to real a whole essay when I should be writing mine. :laugh:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (169)
44.13%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
10.97%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.09%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.67%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (36)
9.4%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.74%

Watched Threads