Help needed- parties Watch

username4552968
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
My year want to do a prom after party but we can’t find somewhere that hires until early hours of the morning, and allows 16 year olds to drink.

Any ideas on where we could do it? Except someone’s house as right now no one can do it.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
NotImaginative
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by em3fr)
My year want to do a prom after party but we can’t find somewhere that hires until early hours of the morning, and allows 16 year olds to drink.

Any ideas on where we could do it? Except someone’s house as right now no one can do it.
It's not gonna happen. Anywhere with an alcohol licence isn't going to let you drink because it's illegal and no where else is really open that early.
For my year, there was someone who lived on a farm so they used his barn (I know, it sounds very American but it was so far from that).
"It is LEGAL for someone over 18 to buy a child over 16 beer, wine or cider if they are eating a table meal together in licensed premises.
At home it is a different matter, a child aged five to 16 can drink alcohol at home or on other private premises as much as they like"
It has to be on private premises for under 18, no one is going to risk being prosecuted to allow a bunch of 16 year olds to drink.
And don't try for an AirB&B or something, it won't end well. When people don't have to face the consequences of their p**s up and clearing up, they generally don't care what the break or damage.
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
We went the most local nightclub.
saffarinda
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Won’t happen its illegal. For my year 11 afterprom a kid with a massive house invited people and we were lucky enough to be invited.

So ask around for other people doing proms, use someone’s house, or get drunk in a park depending on what ur standards are
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nowhere is going to let you drink. Best bet is a barn or something
CoIin
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
go up local woods lad
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by em3fr)

"and allows 16 year olds to drink" lmfao. What sort of place would risk losing their licence for a bunch of teenagers?
username4552968
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
"and allows 16 year olds to drink" lmfao. What sort of place would risk losing their licence for a bunch of teenagers?
You’d be surprised
Ciel.
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by em3fr)
You’d be surprised
Really. Then why can't you find a place that would do this?
ams12345
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Could rent a marquee to have in someone’s garden, not really a house party either if it’s just outside so won’t have to worry about house getting messed🤷*♀️
username4552968
Rep:
?
(Original post by Ciel.)
Really. Then why can't you find a place that would do this?
Other schools in the surrounding area have booked them.. and all our proms are the same night🙄so annoying lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (292)
25.75%
The paper was reasonable (491)
43.3%
Not feeling great about that exam (229)
20.19%
It was TERRIBLE (122)
10.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise