Clearing! “Adjustment” how does it work !?

Watch
Hettahovee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I was just wondering what would happen if I did better than expected on results day and wanted to see whether or not I could get into anywhere better? I like my firm choice and would love to go there but I would want to know if I could get in anywhere else should the impossible happen and I did better would I be able to shop around ?
barror1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
There's some pretty good advice on the UCAS website but I'll summarise here:
If you want to apply for adjustment on results day, you need to exceed your firm offer by at least 1 grade, and check what universities are in adjustment. From there, you contact the university you want to adjust into and see if they can offer you a place. If you do, you will be able to be transferred to that university by going into UCAS track and entering adjustment on their end.

This is only brief and there are some time limits involved in all of this, so definitely check the UCAS website about all of the specifics.
Good luck!
Hettahovee
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by Hettahovee)
I was just wondering what would happen if I did better than expected on results day and wanted to see whether or not I could get into anywhere better? I like my firm choice and would love to go there but I would want to know if I could get in anywhere else should the impossible happen and I did better would I be able to shop around ?
Ah I see! Are you allowed to apply to more than one university for adjustment?
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Hettahovee)
Ah I see! Are you allowed to apply to more than one university for adjustment?
You can talk to multiple unis about adjusting up but can only verbally accept one and then they will inform UCAS that you are going there. Be careful to think carefully about all the implications of switching to a new uni at short notice and ask questions about what type of accomodation is still available, for example.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.ucas.com/ucas/undergradu...etter-expected
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (44)
18.49%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (68)
28.57%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (90)
37.82%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (30)
12.61%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (6)
2.52%

Watched Threads