The Student Room Group

Goat's Blog on Last Minute Revision

:ninja:

So uh, I've left my revision a little late-

Hi there, I'm Goat ^u^
I'm an A Level student in her final year, taking Physics, Maths and Chemistry A level.

I struggle a lot with procrastinating, and decided as a way to help myself stay focused I added a widget onto my phone to count down the days till my first exam. This was when my first exam was 72 days away, and looking at my phone today that number seems to have dramatically decreased to 26 :s-smilie:
Don't get me wrong, I've revised a little for Maths and Physics. Chemistry revision has always happened, since my teacher is extremely enthusiastic and I always feel guilty for late homework when the deadlines arrive for his classes, and I think that shows for the fact I'm working at a B/A for Chemistry. Physics and Maths, however, are low Cs.

This is my attempt of getting myself to focus, by writing down any stress-related problems and hopefully giving tips and advice for revision strategies that others may find useful!

So uh, I guess I should probably start with today:

25/4/19 - 26 Days till Physics Paper 1

Today has went relatively normal in all honesty. I had double maths in the morning, of which we have finished learning all the units for. Our teacher now plans on us doing past paper tests (PPTs) for the remainder of the course, which suits me just fine. They're both homework and also class work, so I'm actually being able to get them done efficiently (Although I'm stuck on one of the questions on the second PPT that we're doing). Other then that, we're still finishing physics and chemistry in our final topics.

I'm stressing slightly about University, for multiple reasons I think people may be able to relate to. First is the most obvious, grades. I want to be a forensic scientist (Basically studying crime scenes), and fr my chosen Uni I need BBB equivalent, and so I'm aiming personally for ABC, A being from chemistry and the B/C from either Physics or Maths. Due to leaving my revision this long, I'm worried my BCC that I got in my last mocks won't be able to be improved in time...
Another reason is I need to sort my accommodation and student finance out. Not a big problem, easily sorted, however I'm eligible for the full maitenance loan. The problem here is getting it sorted, since my parents are slightly peeved at me with my uni choices.

Basically I've had my heart set on one Uni which is about 2.5 hours away from where I live. The other uni, my insurance, isn't the greatest Uni in the world but literally only 20 minutes up the road. My parents wanted me to go for the insurance option, since it was closer. So I did the only thing I could do and put my favorite uni as my firm! :angel:

My accommodation, however, want a large deposit before the deadline. If I get that done, then they gurantee me accommodation. The problem? If I don't do it soon, then I'll end up on the opposite campus. To be honest, this isn't the biggest problem since I can just catch a bus/ride my bike, but I still worry about this... I can't get help with funding from my parents (We're not the richest of families), and although my boyfriend (who is also going to the same university) has offered to help me pay it, I'd rather not rely on him for money since I'd feel extremely bad about not being able to pay it back straight away. Hopefully this will all get sorted soon :ashamed:

Anyway, my plans for this evening are:

Drink too much tea

Make a mind map for Particles in Physics

Finish my Past Paper Questions for Chemistry

Work out where I'm going wrong in my maths PPT question

---

So yeah, if you were able to read all that then congrats! You're more patient then I am :h:

Tip of the Day

If you're a perfectionist and want to make a good mindmap, try using squared paper instead of plain paper. The grids help you with organising the space efficiently and also help make diagrams nice and neat!

Today's Confidence Quote

"Have confidence that if you have done a little thing well, you can do a bigger thing well too"
David Storey

(edited 5 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending