Was this an actual insult? Watch

username4589202
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I was walking with this guy I knew to class and this girl I also knew said I looked very nice in my three piece suit. I said thanks and went about my day.

Then the guy said that the word "nice" means you look meh or barely passable. Which was unbeknownst to me as I always thought it was a compliment that I looked good.

Anyway I can't stop thinking about her comment as I feel that all the times people have told me I look "nice" was just a lie and a cover-up. :/
Last edited by username4589202; 3 weeks ago
LoisLame
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Dude no way! I use nice all the time as a compliment because it’s what I’m used to using in the moment u get me. I think that guy is the one in the wrong for even suggesting that! Nice to me always equals 😎👍 and you shouldn’t overthink it. If the girl took the time to say you look nice then she really meant it. No one goes up to someone to tell them they look meh. Hope this helps I already know you looked awesome 😎🤙 if you doubt yourself again in the future or need anymore advice feel free to drop a reply 💕
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
ChickenMadness
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
nah he's being stupid lol.

Nice is a compliment
username4589202
Rep:
?
(Original post by LoisLame)
Dude no way! I use nice all the time as a compliment because it’s what I’m used to using in the moment u get me. I think that guy is the one in the wrong for even suggesting that! Nice to me always equals 😎👍 and you shouldn’t overthink it. If the girl took the time to say you look nice then she really meant it. No one goes up to someone to tell them they look meh. Hope this helps I already know you looked awesome 😎🤙 if you doubt yourself again in the future or need anymore advice feel free to drop a reply 💕
Thanks for the reply that made me feel better it was helpful and your usage of emojis made me smile.

Btw are you also a fan of Louis Theroux?
sinfonietta
  • Life & Style Forum Helper
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
He's just jealous. Ignore him. She gave you a compliment so be proud of it.
LoisLame
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by IhaveEpilepsy)
Thanks for the reply that made me feel better it was helpful and your usage of emojis made me smile.

Btw are you also a fan of Louis Theroux?
Awhhh you are too kind 🥰
I love Louis Theroux. I have ‘I gotta get Theroux this’ on my wall with a picture of Louis to inspire me to revise haha
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Such supportive, so emojis, wow
LoisLame
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Such supportive, so emojis, wow
👏😆😂😆🤙
username4589202
Rep:
?
(Original post by sinfonietta)
He's just jealous. Ignore him. She gave you a compliment so be proud of it.
Thanks. I do tend to over think a lot about little things so your comment made me feel better.

And you might be right. He was probably just upset she didn't say the same to him so wanted to make me feel down.
username4589202
Rep:
?
Awhhh you are too kind 🥰
I love Louis Theroux. I have ‘I gotta get Theroux this’ on my wall with a picture of Louis to inspire me to revise haha
Lol. That's amazing. I should get one of those as well when I need something to make me smile if I am feeling down.

I love his documentaries I binge watched all of them on Netflix.
LoisLame
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Lol. That's amazing. I should get one of those as well when I need something to make me smile if I am feeling down.

I love his documentaries I binge watched all of them on Netflix.
Same haha! I think we could all do with a little more Theroux in our lives 😎🤙
username4589202
Rep:
?
Same haha! I think we could all do with a little more Theroux in our lives 😎🤙
Which documentary do you like the most? A lot of people like the one on Scientology but mine is when he visits the Miami Mega Jail.
LoisLame
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Which documentary do you like the most? A lot of people like the one on Scientology but mine is when he visits the Miami Mega Jail.
I loved the Miami Mega Jail doc good choice,, but I have a special place in my heart for Louis and the brothel. He had such great relationships with the women there and they were all so interesting. Plus seeing Louis get a massage is so funny and you don’t get that kind of content in his more serious documentaries ☺️
username4589202
Rep:
?
I loved the Miami Mega Jail doc good choice,, but I have a special place in my heart for Louis and the brothel. He had such great relationships with the women there and they were all so interesting. Plus seeing Louis get a massage is so funny and you don’t get that kind of content in his more serious documentaries ☺️
Oh yeah, I saw that one last year. It was really good. Does he still make docuseries? The last one I watched was on Scientology.
shameful_burrito
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nah it's a compliment, obviously
LoisLame
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Oh yeah, I saw that one last year. It was really good. Does he still make docuseries? The last one I watched was on Scientology.
Louis recently did some great docs for BBC on sexual harassment and marriage I’m not sure what else he plans in the future. I still need to watch his stuff on Scientology it’s one of the very few I haven’t seen and it’s supposed to be awesome 👌
n.n1616
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
nah your just overthinking it. it was a compliment haha
username4589202
Rep:
?
Louis recently did some great docs for BBC on sexual harassment and marriage I’m not sure what else he plans in the future. I still need to watch his stuff on Scientology it’s one of the very few I haven’t seen and it’s supposed to be awesome 👌
You definitely should watch the one on Scientology it's amazing. It's the only one he made that was released in theatres.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
I was walking with this guy I knew to class and this girl I also knew said I looked very nice in my three piece suit. I said thanks and went about my day.

Then the guy said that the word "nice" means you look meh or barely passable. Which was unbeknowst to me as I always thought it was a compliment that I looked good.

Anyway I can't stop thinking about her comment as I feel that all the times people have told me I look "nice" was just a lie and a cover-up. :/
Has this guy ever spoken english before?

Okay = incredible and awful = decent

He's talking a clown language *HONK*
username4589202
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Has this guy ever spoken english before?

Okay = incredible and awful = decent

He's talking a clown language *HONK*
That made me smile.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your Edexcel GCSE Maths Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - feeling positive (289)
25.9%
The paper was reasonable (484)
43.37%
Not feeling great about that exam (222)
19.89%
It was TERRIBLE (121)
10.84%

Watched Threads