TissueDia
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,
Can I have some tips in answering the 12 mark questions?
Mehdi16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I got a 9 in my RS studies, so hopefully I'm in some kind of position to give advice.
Personally for the twelve markers I used the P.E.E structure, (point, evidence, explanation) and just throw in the key quotes for the evidence bit.
Also make sure you address the bullet points in the question, evaluate both sides of the argument, and give a conlcusion stating your own opinion.
Hope this helped loooool
UrbanIncentive
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
USE the past papers as a reference, they tell you lots of things to use in your answers and they're very detailed.

Learn very useful quotes and make sure that your answers are coherent and follow through. Conclusions are essential.

RS is known for being quite a simplistic subject out of the humanities, and as long as you use the structures - there's no reason you can't get an 8/9. But saying that, they can be very selective on what they want and they tend to have quite high boundaries, depending on the option picked.

PS: I got an A* in RS
sharan16
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As said above it is crucial that you conclude and try and use relevant quotes throughout your answer. Make sure you weigh up both sides in the conclusion and have a variety of viewpoints (if asked to state) - I also briefly include my own opinion in the conclusion as that is what I have been taught but double check with your teacher beforehand just in case. I also got a 9 in RS

Good Luck
XBomber258
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Mehdi16)
I got a 9 in my RS studies, so hopefully I'm in some kind of position to give advice.
Personally for the twelve markers I used the P.E.E structure, (point, evidence, explanation) and just throw in the key quotes for the evidence bit.
Also make sure you address the bullet points in the question, evaluate both sides of the argument, and give a conlcusion stating your own opinion.
Hope this helped loooool
Wait what do you write in the explanation and in the evidence do I need to use more evidence than I would for a 5 mark question?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads