Higher Music Listening Exam 2019 Watch

Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Anyone doing the SQA Higher Music exam tomorrow? Here's a thread for any last minute questions and discussing the exam afterwards
Hope it goes well
independentx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I'm doing the exam today... very very nervous! I'm not brilliant at the listening side of music so it's always quite a challenge for me.
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by independentx)
I'm doing the exam today... very very nervous! I'm not brilliant at the listening side of music so it's always quite a challenge for me.
You can do it :rave:
Emmakest
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
How did everyone find the exam?
A1renegade
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Emmakest)
I think it was a pretty fair exam. There was a good mix of questions.

Also, when the intro to 'roundabout' by Yes ('to be continued' meme) started playing, I nearly burst out laughing. So yeah, that was fun
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
How did the exam go for you all? Any interesting excerpts?
Gabriela888
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Emmakest)
It was okay, my teacher gave us the answers ( I think I got about 83% which is not bad )after the exam as he was there when we took it. Some might be wrong but does anyone want to see ?
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by A1renegade)

Also, when the intro to 'roundabout' by Yes ('to be continued' meme) started playing, I nearly burst out laughing. So yeah, that was fun
Glad to hear you thought it was okay A couple of people I've spoke to off TSR weren't too pleased with it, so glad you found it alright!
Labrador99
  • Volunteer Team
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gabriela888)
It was okay, my teacher gave us the answers ( I think I got about 83% which is not bad )after the exam as he was there when we took it. Some might be wrong but does anyone want to see ?
Sounds like you did good, well done! You're free to post the paper/unofficial mark scheme to let people compare
charl2002
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I would like to thanks
dkmk123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it would be great to know how well or badly it went.
Emmakest
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Could you posts the answers thank you
(Original post by charl2002)I would like to thanks

(Original post by A1renegade)

Gabriela888
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi sorry, my teacher didn't give us the copies so Im trying to remember it off the top of my head(it would be helpful if anybody actually knew the question numbers because I cant remember)

1) Obbligato, Oratorio, cant remember the other one but if you tell me your third answer ill remember if it was right
b) Recitative
2) Plagal cadence
3) harmonic minor, Double bass, tremolando, (again forgot sorry)
4)
5) 6/8, The rest should be a quaver rest, I know the last chord was dm, The notes were G and F Im pretty sure
6) Harpsichord, Irregular time signatures,
7) Imitation, chamber music, perfect cadence, again my memory is horrible
8) Baroque, perfect cadence, trill, pizzicato, recorder, harpsichord, strings, cant remember the rest
9) Con sordino was the first box, chromatic and minor shared the same box but not sure the exact box somewhere in the middle, dominant 7th was the second last box and i think sequence was box 4

Sorry I also know that there were two answers with impressionist as the answer apparently but pls let me know which questions i missed so i can tell you the answers
_rosabrkni
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You’d be a lifesaver if you could share the answers x
dkmk123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
For 6, was there a cluster?
thanks
Hi sorry, my teacher didn't give us the copies so Im trying to remember it off the top of my head(it would be helpful if anybody actually knew the question numbers because I cant remember)

1) Obbligato, Oratorio, cant remember the other one but if you tell me your third answer ill remember if it was right
b) Recitative
2) Plagal cadence
4)
5) 6/8, The rest should be a quaver rest, I know the last chord was dm, The notes were G and F Im pretty sure
8) Baroque, perfect cadence, trill, pizzicato, recorder, harpsichord, strings, cant remember the rest
9) Con sordino was the first box, chromatic and minor shared the same box but not sure the exact box somewhere in the middle, dominant 7th was the second last box and i think sequence was box 4

Sorry I also know that there were two answers with impressionist as the answer apparently but pls let me know which questions i missed so i can tell you the answers
Gabriela888
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by dkmk123)
For 6, was there a cluster?
thanks
My teacher told me there was an interrupted cadence but not a cluster
dkmk123
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
ty
123girlgirl
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Have you still got a copy of these answers as I have been looking everywhere for them! Never mind just saw them!
Last edited by 123girlgirl; 4 weeks ago
bwhite2912
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
For number 1 I think melismatic was an answer.
bwhite2912
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I am pretty sure number 3 also asked about an ornament- if I remember correctly it was a guitar playing and I put mordent as my answer.

b) Recitative
2) Plagal cadence
4)

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 May '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 30 May '19
  • Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 31 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Business Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (209)
22.69%
The paper was reasonable (416)
45.17%
Not feeling great about that exam... (172)
18.68%
It was TERRIBLE (124)
13.46%

Watched Threads