Changed my mind (Deferring) Watch

jasontesfaye
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I’ve applied and got offers for Uni starting this September but after consideration I’ve decided I want to take a gap year. Should I email my firm/insurance choices this now and ask if it’s possible to defer my entry to next year, or is it better to wait until results day and do it once I see which one I’m accepted into?

Also will I need a good excuse as to why I want to defer? I just want a break from all the exams, stress and I want to travel for a bit, but not sure if the unis will buy that.
PQ
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by jasontesfaye)
I’ve applied and got offers for Uni starting this September but after consideration I’ve decided I want to take a gap year. Should I email my firm/insurance choices this now and ask if it’s possible to defer my entry to next year, or is it better to wait until results day and do it once I see which one I’m accepted into?

Also will I need a good excuse as to why I want to defer? I just want a break from all the exams, stress and I want to travel for a bit, but not sure if the unis will buy that.
It’s better to do this sooner rather than later. They won’t care why.
harrysbar
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, it's better to phone Admissions now and ask if your application can be changed to a 2020 start. It probably won't be a problem and you don't have to give a reason. Although if anyone does ask, taking a Year Out to go travelling would be a perfectly acceptable reason to give.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Brunel University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 22 May '19

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (212)
21.9%
The paper was reasonable (418)
43.18%
Not feeling great about that exam... (185)
19.11%
It was TERRIBLE (153)
15.81%

Watched Threads