Harry3232
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Anyone who does AS OCR law have any predictions on what topics could be assessed in paper 1 and paper 2...

Much appreciated for any responses
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
EthanLee6
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I`ve heard it`s unlikely for legal personnel to come up as it was on the last paper quite a lot....I`m having the same problem as you tbh, I don`t know what to focus on
Harry3232
Rep:
?
(Original post by EthanLee6)
I`ve heard it`s unlikely for legal personnel to come up as it was on the last paper quite a lot....I`m having the same problem as you tbh, I don`t know what to focus on
Maybe access to justice? It hasn’t been assessed last year and wasn’t on specimen
EthanLee6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Oh no I hope it isn’t but I agree, it’s likely to come up 😱
Harry3232
Rep:
?
Oh no I hope it isn’t but I agree, it’s likely to come up 😱
Yh. Maybe government funding for civil cases; or conditional fee arrangements as advantages and disadvantages question
Audrey18
Badges: 21
Report 9 months ago
Harry3232 EthanLee6

OCR and CIE law exams are pretty similar. Watch this video because the law lecturer from Malaysia has been pretty spot on with his predictions.

Spoiler:
Show
Becca_67
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I honestly don't think theres a way to predict it All the past papers they have released have covered a question on each of the topics.

It's the evaluations I'm finding horrible
(Original post by Harry3232)
Anyone who does AS OCR law have any predictions on what topics could be assessed in paper 1 and paper 2...

Much appreciated for any responses
Harry3232
Rep:
?
(Original post by Becca_67)
I honestly don't think theres a way to predict it All the past papers they have released have covered a question on each of the topics.

It's the evaluations I'm finding horrible
Yeah; however, juries has not been assessed yet. Discuss q on jury trial? Describe q on process of selection of a jury?
EthanLee6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
I think the best things to revise tonight for the exam tomorrow are Lay People (Mags, Juries), S20 GBH and Access to justice along with some ADR. Last year was track system and barristers so avoid them
That’s the best prediction tbh as this is on,y the second year of this paper 😔
Harry3232
Rep:
?
I think the best things to revise tonight for the exam tomorrow are Lay People (Mags, Juries), S20 GBH and Access to justice along with some ADR. Last year was track system and barristers so avoid them
That’s the best prediction tbh as this is on,y the second year of this paper 😔
I don’t think lay magistrates will come up, I think maybe the independence of the judiciary, appointment of judges, sentencing and ATJ. Maybe a discuss question on advantages and disadvantages of trial in jury as usually, question 3 and 4 have a similar theme e.g. last year q3 was selection of barristers and q4 was challenges facing
Becca_67
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Has anyone got any evaluation points for the judiciary, barristers, solicitors or legal executives????
Harry3232
Rep:
?
(Original post by Becca_67)
Has anyone got any evaluation points for the judiciary, barristers, solicitors or legal executives????
Independence of the jury: they have to be independent from the executive, case and legislature.

Barristers, solicitors and legal executives are unlikely to come up as they’ve been assessed in previous years. Legal executives hasn’t been assessed as of yet but is too, unlikely to appear in this years paper as it is a rather small section. However, this is OCR we are talking abut lmao
Harry3232
Rep:
?
Silly mia
EthanLee6
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Damn that was almost spot on with predictions 😂

What about paper 2 tho?
Harry3232
Rep:
?

What about paper 2 tho?
Aha ikr. I haven’t made any predictions for paper 2 yet, but when I do I’ll post them here
Harry3232
Rep:
?

What about paper 2 tho?
I have made some predictions for paper 2 and I will update them as time goes on.

I think controls of delegated legislation, intrinsic/extrinsic aids, Human Rights Act 1998, Law commission and the role of Court of justice of the EU (or one of the other 3) are likely to come up
Gemmamaexoxo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago

What about paper 2 tho?
I did the AS Law exam last year and Occupier’s Liability came up for both application and evaluation - so get revising the elements of Negligence. What were the questions on AS Paper 1?

And trust me, Law gets A LOT harder next year!
Harry3232
Rep:
?
(Original post by Gemmamaexoxo)
I did the AS Law exam last year and Occupier’s Liability came up for both application and evaluation - so get revising the elements of Negligence. What were the questions on AS Paper 1?

And trust me, Law gets A LOT harder next year!
It was differences between civil courts and criminal courts

Role of inferior and superior judges

Selection of jury

Advantages of jury trial

Then for section b was coincidence of ar and mr

And how to make battery morally justifiable...
Gemmamaexoxo
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Harry3232)
It was differences between civil courts and criminal courts

Role of inferior and superior judges

Selection of jury

Advantages of jury trial

Then for section b was coincidence of ar and mr

And how to make battery morally justifiable...
You are so lucky with the jury questions! I was hoping for them to come up on my A Level exam 😂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (438)
67.28%
No (213)
32.72%

Watched Threads